• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Will ride for food; Need Some new Hill Country breakfast ride suggestions

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Collins
Other Than the Bluebonnet in Marble falls and Bowling club in Blanco. I'm looking for some new breakfast ride stops. Don't know if the Blanco Chess club serves breakfast, and would like some breakfast traditional bacon/egg/pancake breakgast stops in Comfort, Welfare, Boerne, Fredericksburg, Johnson city etc. Gotta be open on Sunday.

Specht's store in Bulvede used to have excellent breakfasts,....but are now BBQ only (and apparently very good,...have seen reviews saying its the best in San Antonio).

Also a great stop on the main road around Canyon lake, (can't remember the name) but it's so popular, that it takes 45 minutes to get a table, then another half hour to get food.

Canyon of the Eagles has a great Sunday Buffet as well,....just a bit too far north for some of our ride group.

Suggestions?

Brian in Cedar Park

In Boerne there's Bear Moon Bakery, Mary's Taco's and Little Gretel for a little nicer place. There's also a Denny's but service there can be slow.

Last week, I rode the River Road from Canyon Lake to 46, just outside of New Braunfels. I couldn't give you any specific names, but I saw a lot of tiny little places in tiny little townships along that road. I'd be tempted to just ride that road and see where I am when my hunger gets the best of me.

Granny D's might be the name of the place you're referring to in Canyon Lake. Gotta get there early. I usually ride out there a couple times a month but it sure does get packed.

Granny Ds does get crowded,... usually a wait. Good food though

Back