• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

winch on stud wall?

Is that S-hook on the end of the chain the setup you're using for the Fiat pull?
Looks a bit light in the photos but maybe it's spec'ed high enough.

If you can spare the length and if it fits, consider inserting a hitch pin in the drawbar with the chain looped around it and the S-hook stuck through a chain link as one would securing a trailer safety chain.
That could also help the winch stay in-line with the pull.

Yeah I may not use that hook at all, in fact I was actually considering using a hitch pin right through one of the chain links, or bolting the chain to the winch plate with a 3/8" bolt through a chain link. But in all probability, I won't be using the S hook. But I'm sure it'd hold 800 lb anyway.

everything worked like a charm.

1627733657293.png

There was half a chance I was going to have to park the car most of the way up and recharge the battery, but it just made it using pretty much all of the battery capacity.

Mrs72 ran the winch for this project while I steered the car. She was quite impressed that this worked.

When I was done, the winch went on the wall for storage.

1627733948867.png

I wish the clutch replacement was going half as well as the winch project did. Oddly enough, a Fiat seems to be an exotic car, if finding parts is any indication.

Back