• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Windshield Spoiler Questions

Hmm

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with windshield spoilers that direct air over your head? I am thinking about buying one and using it for distance traveling. Both my big windshield and my stock windshield on my WeeStrom have an upper width of about 12" and I would be interested in one of the clip on models that have 2 clip points and not 1 in the middle of the shield. Interested in name brands, cost and where to buy. Do you peeps find them effective?

Looking closely you can see the spoiler on my 2013 Strom....it's a Puig....have to play with the positioning, but it's effective.

Reactions: Hmm
I have used a MRA X-Creen on both my ST1100 and now on my FJR1300 and they do a great job, nice thing is you can also change the angle to allow it to duct a larger
blast of air over to you if needed in really hot weather

The Puig in the above photo and the MRA are identical units I think both offer a clip on or bolt on option

Reactions: Hmm
Thanks for the replies gents. I ordered an MRA clip on which I can switch between shields. I like the idea of being able to direct more wind to you in hot weather as budzrex said.

My wife and I both run knockoffs of the Xscreen that we bought on EBay. They do a great job of creating a calm pocket behind the windshield on our Super Teneres, and the adjustability is awesome.

I had one of the cheapies from AliExpress. It did what if was supposed to do, but I also noticed that my gas mileage was taking a hit. It was costing me about 5 mpg. So I did some further adjusting of my MRA screen and removed the clip on.

I'm thinking about trying one out.;-)

I test rode the MRA today and it is the bomb. With the small arms in the lowest position and the clip on's top pointed up, I had no real wind hitting my helmet. I did have a little coming from the sides of my regular windshield but I had to raise my left hand about 3-4" above my helmet to finally have wind hitting it. 18 wheelers heading the opposite way on a 2 lane road usually rock my helmet but not anymore. Also the big test was running the interstate behind a truck hauling half of a house and taking up 2 lanes. Some body buffeting but no head buffeting. I am sold on this little spoiler.

My 2016 R1200GS factory shield is too short for me by a few inches. I am wondering if the MRA would be a cheaper solution to make it usable vs a new screen altogether.

If ya order from RevZilla they allow returns as long as still in original condition. I tried one on my Scrambler and it didn't do much so I sent it back for a full refund.

My 2016 R1200GS factory shield is too short for me by a few inches. I am wondering if the MRA would be a cheaper solution to make it usable vs a new screen altogether.
Based on my experience on yesterday's test ride - yes. I find that the spoiler is 2" higher than the windshield in it's lowest position. There is still plenty more room for adjustability beyond the 2" although in it's low setting, the spoiler worked good so I didn't really experiment.

If ya order from RevZilla they allow returns as long as still in original condition. I tried one on my Scrambler and it didn't do much so I sent it back for a full refund.

They don’t offer returns for anything electronic. They screwed me by selling me a Uclear they said would fit GT Air. It doesn’t. They wouldn’t take to back because box was opened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don’t offer returns for anything electronic. They screwed me by selling me a Uclear they said would fit GT Air. It doesn’t. They wouldn’t take to back because box was opened.

U are correct, they do not take returns on opened electronics....

U are correct, they do not take returns on opened electronics....
By the way, which UClear did you get? I have the HBC-100.... everything works good except people have trouble understanding me. I have positioned headphones with integrated mic in a thousand different positions. I just can't get it to sound any better. Now I'm looking for another Bluetooth set...

By the way, which UClear did you get? I have the HBC-100.... everything works good except people have trouble understanding me. I have positioned headphones with integrated mic in a thousand different positions. I just can't get it to sound any better. Now I'm looking for another Bluetooth set...

Uclear is in a box, speakers are too big for recesses in Shoei GTAir. Bought a Sena that fit the helmet. The Sena works great.

Uclear is in a box, speakers are too big for recesses in Shoei GTAir. Bought a Sena that fit the helmet. The Sena works great.

On some helmets (my RF1200) the Sena speakers don't want to fit into the recess. I found my SMH-10 speakers had a small plastic ring on them that I was able to remove. Then they fit.

Back