• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Windshield washer pump jacket cooling system

Riding home today at 17:00, temp was 95F at 47% RH for a heat index of 103.
I used a chill towel placed over my neck and inside my mesh jacket. For the short ride home it did pretty well. It still had moisture and cooling effect when I got home. I estimate it could last up to 30min.

I am really considering a different back pad in the jacket. The piece of near solid foam does a great job of being insulation right against my back. I mentioned in another post I saw some alternative pads at CycleGear that were much more open and should allow some airflow.

I was gonna mention the LD Comfort, but I haven't tested mine in the heat, cuz I just quit riding when it hits above 75. As @IOM TT pointed out, I have my doubts anything will work in 90% humidity.
My LDC certainly works wonderfully out here in the dry desert, but when I was riding in the Houston area the benefit wasn't as obvious. It did work, but nothing like it does out here.

Back