• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Winter blues? Nah!

Reaction score
Lemon 1.jpg

Lemon 2.jpg

Silverton 1.jpg

moab 2.jpg

Why did it take me so long to move here? First two pictures are from above my house, near Lemon Lake, around 12000'. Third pic is from Silverton. Last pic is Moab.

Do you have to worry about avalanches anywhere that you are riding? If so, I am just curious what kind of precautions you might be taking? that looks like a TON of fun, except for the cold part :-P

Is that you riding that thing? Video? Looks amazing. I remember snowmobileing in back country tahao was increadably fun when we weren't stuck. It was a lot of work too. Sure it's wise to stay away from some of the deep stuff.

Do you have to worry about avalanches anywhere that you are riding? If so, I am just curious what kind of precautions you might be taking? that looks like a TON of fun, except for the cold part :-P

Yes, we wear avalanche backpacks, with airbags, shovel, and probe. Also everyone has a beacon, and we can all search each other's location if buried. My buddy on the sled caused and was buried in an avy last year. The slide pushing him into a tree, breaking his shoulder. He deployed his air bag which he swears saved his life.

And Scott, it's not cold at all once you have the proper gear.

Yes, we wear avalanche backpacks, with airbags, shovel, and probe. Also everyone has a beacon, and we can all search each other's location if buried. My buddy on the sled caused and was buried in an avy last year. The slide pushing him into a tree, breaking his shoulder. He deployed his air bag which he swears saved his life.

And Scott, it's not cold at all once you have the proper gear.

That's pretty cool stuff, no pun intended ;-)

Back in my winter sports phase, i found there was a lot of ventilating going to let the heat out caused by all the activity of skiing or snowmobiling.

Is that you riding that thing? Video? Looks amazing. I remember snowmobileing in back country tahao was increadably fun when we weren't stuck. It was a lot of work too. Sure it's wise to stay away from some of the deep stuff.

I used to live in Tahoe too, in Markleeville, pop. 165!

You get stuck in powder?
1.14.19 2.jpg

So can I Brian!!
1.14.19 4.jpg

That's a creek I ended up in. I didn't break through the ice, but still down in the creek bed. 10-15 minutes of digging with a Barbie doll sized avalanche shovel and I'm on my way again.

But your having so much fun you forget about the crappy parts. (Like when i ran over my cousin, hehe) . I got to where I was experimenting with my carve turns on the snowmobile but before you know it, it's time to get on the airplane again.

Great job on the burial!

Back