• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

winter Texan

Reaction score
Hi gang
I am from Michigan but have wintered in TX the last 12 years. We usually spend most of our time in Bandera and know all the good roads. Because it's still a little cold in the Hills, we usually spend January in Port Aranas, but our
campground is still not recovered from the hurracane. The past two years we were in S Padre and didn't find much riding in that area. Does any one know of any good roads around S Padre?
3 sis 1.jpg

John & Jan

Welcome from stockdale. I have no knowledge of good riding down that way but I'm sure some folks who do will chime in

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Have you ventured out to Big Bend yet? There are a lot of TWT folks that head out there around Thanksgiving through New Years.

The only other thing I might suggest is to head East. East Texas has a LOT of nice FMs to ride, but nothing as tight as the Twisted Sisters. It's mostly just nice fun sweeping FMs with corners posted anywhere from 20-45mph. The better roads will all be North of Hwy 105 out near Lake Livingston, Sam Rayburn Reservoir, and the Toledo Bend Reservoir. There are also some fun roads North of that heading up toward I-20 and I-30. Closer to you might be stuff North of Austin out toward Hico.

Welcome from the Galveston area.

I've yet to find any good roads on the coast. Tourmeisters East Texas FMs suggestion is a good one. đź‘Ť

Welcome from Kerrville, we have probably met in Bandera at the True Value Hardware store where i used to work.

Howdy, I’d suggest riding to the state parks and small town sites along the border. Also accept the area is flat and full of brush and long straight lightly traveled roads to enjoy. Maybe a day trip to the King Ranch?
:welcome:

Back