• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Work bike

Reaction score
First Name
David
I put my bike to work today , several head of cows needed to be brought down of the mountain , around 10 miles or so .

9BE661F4-1CFB-4E5F-A849-3764D46A94BF.jpeg

Sam had them gathered up so we pushed them toward town , I would ease past and go open gates then close them and catch back up

DDE9C026-7ACB-45CB-BF12-BA2B9051D8AB.jpeg

44E7C3B8-CDD7-4804-B840-E462416ECCF6.jpeg

3ADD5ED4-C11B-427C-AF0B-AB63BEBE7F09.jpeg

Park my bike to block the trail we didn’t want them taking

A5B0D18B-931C-4A82-B9B0-DD8E06A2BCDE.jpeg

then flag people and block driveways for the couple miles of pavement and push them through the gate . Fun day , I are a cowboy now .

302EFF0C-36D7-43D3-A60E-C542826A8E7F.jpeg

496F86ED-C568-48E7-AADA-F9F67483602C.jpeg

Herding cows 10 meters can be challenging. If that's where I worked, I would never leave.:thumb:

It was really pretty easy , the cows knew where they were going . They push them up on the mountain in summer and make hay and store it for winter then bring the cows back down for winter . They know where that nice green stuff is a couple usually find a hole and come down early every year . They will be standing at the gate waiting for somebody to let them in .

It was really pretty easy , the cows knew where they were going .

Yeah, different I'm sure than in Iowa as a kid, just trying to get them to a different field or back in after a fence breach.
Herding cats is way easier than that was. Then again, they were Iowa cows, which stands for IdiotsOutWanderingAround.

Very cool use of your work bike….. motorcycles are much fun - safer for hearding cattle imho. What part of the country are you in?

Just dont try to rope off that thing and you will be fine. Looks like a fun day for sure.;-)

When we Elk hunt public land I like to go up a few days early and scout the area. My scouting usually consist of finding some cowboys/cowgirls and being helpful and courteous as they move their cattle out of the high country. These guys and gals cover lots of ground horseback and usually have good intel on the Elk and their migration to lower elevation.

Forgot to add , those are some tasty cows too , that’s what I’ve been eating lately . I’m done buying Texas beef .

Aw now...... I get 1/8th beef next week from my heratige longhorn rancher near Tarpley, and it's mighty mighty fine eats.
If your talking grain fed, then yeah, I know what you mean.

Some of the best I ever had was Alberta Beef up in Edmonton years back. Best tartare ever!

That's some nice looking Angus cattle. Hope the drought was not too much for you this year.

Back