• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Workable concept?

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Digging through some old pictures (Nov 1941, pre-Pearl Harbor by a month) I came across a couple of my great uncle stationed at Pearl Harbor. As it was cold out and I needed a shot for Project 365 I came up with this concept. Is this 'workable' for old photos to put them in context with a model and props?

760128508_eeXDb-L.jpg

Sounds to me your just looking for an excuse to play with military toys.
I like it! :thumb:

:thumb:

If you had an old patch or insignia instead of the jeep, I think that would be more in line with the aged photos.

I like this a lot.

The patch idea is a good one too.

Overall, I think that this is a great concept and worthy of printing. Well done.

I like it but it leaves me wondering how he came out of Dec. 11 and how he came out of the war. Do you have a picture later during the war or after the war?

I like it but it leaves me wondering how he came out of Dec. 11 and how he came out of the war. Do you have a picture later during the war or after the war?

I think you mean Dec. 7, 1941. You might have been trying to combine two days in your thinking to include 9/11.

Uncle Walt as I knew him was at Pearl Harbor that horrific day, Dec 7th, 1941. When the attack started, he ran across base, jumped in a small watercraft and motored across the harbor where he manned an anti-aircraft battery. He went on to serve the rest of WWII, Korea and became a photographer finally retiring after a full career in the Army.

On a photographic note, I've got some of his medium frame negatives of atomic explosions he shot. Someday I'll have them printed, but I know from looking at them he was close.... Very very close. He finally died of multiple cancers but the military closed every door possible for a claim that the photography so close was radiation related.

Why not PP the jeep to look "aged" as well?

Generally what tools would be used to do that? ie: what brushes in Photoshop or PS-Elements. I might give that a try. On the flipside, I could always get my friends to loan me their pre-war jeeps, full size which have that 'aged' look all by themselves!

Have you tried putting the photos up behind the jeep.....kinda of on an angle "framing" the jeep? Might be a neat look.....also a good excuse to put together a "product box" :trust:

Like this:

762424645_Yi7SP-M.jpg

Last edited:
Me thinks I'll have to check into that one. For now I've just draped a black pc of fabric over my monitor and across the working surface of the desk. Hey - it works!

Me thinks I'll have to check into that one. For now I've just draped a black pc of fabric over my monitor and across the working surface of the desk. Hey - it works!

Done that one also.

Here is my homemade product box:

762440299_4TNSH-M.jpg

762441512_7Wimq-M.jpg

Just some white board from a hobby shop, the "windows" and duct tape come from Home Depot. I also have black boards to put inside of it if I want that look.

It was a nice rainy day project.

Back