• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wow! My Harley is in pieces already, that didn't take long.

I am pretty sure PETA would also take exception to my shooting rats out by the bird feeder from the porch with my .22. But, there you go, sometimes the little birds do silly things. I do try to miss the birds when I was shooting the rats. Seem to have run out of rats now, so I just watch the birds. Tomorrrow we drain the crank case from the wet sumping.

Rats and a .22 from the back porch...Now that is some serious fun.:shooter:

Years ago I came across a person wearing leather shoes while at a PETA booth at a festival. As soon as I pointed it out, they left the booth and I didn't see them the rest of the day. Still makes me laugh that some people are just clueless.

Chout em!!! At today's ammo prices, I can only dream of such things... And probably get me tossed from the Old Folks home...šŸ˜·
Wrens lives matter...
Carry On

Front porch......

unnamed.jpg

Decades ago I had an old Cajun drunkard living a couple doors down, and the airport had a campaign to shoo Grackles out of there.
They came straight north into our neighborhood. Flying rats that crap on everything.
About 2 months or so of bottle rockets, air cannons, and whatever else until they went right back to the airport.
But Duane (odd name for a Cajun) used to be a pro pellet gun competition shooter.
We sat down there drinking tons of beer and shooting them which really freaked out the neighbors as they piled up.
We tried to point out to them that everything they had tried including a lawsuit against the airport had failed and we weren't being illegal.
The cops came a couple times, but we're using CO2 pellet rifles not deemed illegal, although we were warned to put them away once because we were drunk.
That was fun.

So, I got the carb sorted this afternoon, found the horn is failed, so I am waiting on a new one. But I did sneak in a ride. I am telling you, I was not prepared for that. The thing is a monster of a rocket! Wow! I am impressed. Not sure if I will get the smile off of my face. Wow!

unnamed.jpg

Doug,
That's a nice bike. Smile factor comes in many ways. Whether I am on the AT, DRZ or the Ultra, each has it's purpose. We all have friends to share something with. The purpose of TWT. Great group of people. We can all share in each other's interest and hobbies. The first time I rode anywhere with this group I was on the Ultra. The smile factor would have been the same on whatever bike I was on. Congratulations on the bike. I always enjoy following your shop projects.

So, I got the carb sorted this afternoon, found the horn is failed, so I am waiting on a new one. But I did sneak in a ride. I am telling you, I was not prepared for that. The thing is a monster of a rocket! Wow! I am impressed. Not sure if I will get the smile off of my face. Wow!

Come to the dark side..... :lol2:

Use the HD auxiliary horn in the meantime. Pull in clutch, crack throttle twice. Very effective.

OK, got the stuff to download from my phone, add a little more detail.

So I drained 2 liters of oil out of the crankcase, put about 2 liters plus the volume of the oil cooler and filter it seems (after it was warm).

IMG_5545.JPG

IMG_5547.JPG

IMG_5551.JPG

Then I almost died! The tranny dipstick had this rusty red color! Turns out it is high dollar tranny oil, and is brand new.

IMG_5553.JPG

Then the accelerator pump diaphragm was being difficult, and it took 3 tries to seat it and get the thing in it's little groove. I know how to do it now, so it won't be a future problem.

IMG_5562.JPG

Also the horn, she is broken, he mounted it up behind the transmission to hide it. So it was a 30 minute extraction. Turns out the switch sends 13.5 VDC to the thing every time you push the button, so there is that. All that is holding up getting her inspected and registered.

PYKV3510.JPG

So, after all that, I got her in one piece and running, and rode to my Mother in Law's place and it wasn't all that impressive, to be frank. She comes out, I shut it down and she says, "It isn't as loud as you said it would be." I agreed and when I was trying to start it to leave, I noticed a plug wire off!!!! Needless to say, after that it was a whole different ride. Apparently 124 ft-lbs of torque is enough to send a 560 lb motorcycle rocketing down the road.

Doug, you do great documentations/pictures of whatever project you're on. Regarding the exhaust, the loudest things I hear all day and night is the ringing in my ears, so I'm glad it's not as loud as I thought it would be. I appreciate my remaining hearing ability but looking forward to admiring your Harley's signature note.

wow thats some serious mechanical skills you have. I can only go as far as cleaning a few jets before it becomes a question of discussing only a vehicles past life vs. it being born again.

Iā€™m guessing here but Iā€™d wager that the transmission fluid was/is the HD 20-50 synthetic. I ran that in my Heritage in the engine, primary and transmission. 108,000 miles. No leaks or drips right up to me throwing it down the road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Not the Harley Brand but definitely the high dollar stuff, I forgot the name, but I will replace it with the same when it comes time.

Redline Shockproof Mr. Smarty-Pedro! LOL
Just sayin names start escaping you, you enter a room forgot what you came in there for, ride around with one plug wire on!!! That's some seriously funny stuff!!!
Seriously, Nice bike hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy reading your PPSS reports...
Signing off from PSS
Carry On

I already do the forgetting, ask anyone how fun it is to watch me hunt the same tool 25 times and then find it only to lose it again. Or my buddy from work I have known for 30+ years who I had to ask, "What is your name again? I think it is a "D" word." It was Andy and we called him Drew, I got close! LOL

I hope you are still enjoying Mr. V-Strom and it is in a happy place at PSS.

I already do the forgetting, ask anyone how fun it is to watch me hunt the same tool 25 times and then find it only to lose it again. Or my buddy from work I have known for 30+ years who I had to ask, "What is your name again? I think it is a "D" word." It was Andy and we called him Drew, I got close! LOL

I hope you are still enjoying Mr. V-Strom and it is in a happy place at PSS.
UMMMMMMMMMMM, I rode to Houston(see Day rides report) and my friend yes I have a friend bought it out from under me... The well spanked Strom lives in Dayton Tx. now... No worries, he puts us to shame on motorsickle riding... Back to the "1" cylinder Soft Tail, enjoy it for what it does best and it gives the HD HATERS a reason to continue to šŸ˜­whatever...
Carry On

Back