• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wow! My Harley is in pieces already, that didn't take long.

Mitch and I also redid the rubber insulator the previous owner made for the tunnel

I did that in '07 for the Ironhead with some gas line and zipties. Worked great.
I didn't think putting an old innertube under there that close to "iron heads" was such a great idea.

Good grief, I need to finish the S&S and put this back together. Then try and finish the brakes.

DSCN5926.JPG

I got the title in the mail today. So I officially own a licensed and titled Harley-Davidson Motorcycle. Wow, that almost didn't hurt to say. I am still a little emotionally mixed on it right now. I think once I get settled with her and get the ergonomics sorted, I will enjoy it more. But honestly, it is like a psycho billy clown car with a rocket in the back that will deafen you at the slightest provocation. So in a word, there is a lot to love about it. Plus, it will always need a little TLC, so it pretty much hits the buttons. Did I mention it is also 27 years old? Oh yeah, antique. LOL.

I guess I can wear my Harley T-Shirt now.

Doug-san. Welcome to the Dark Side. Your journey is almost complete.
When you are ready to complete your training, come see me. There is one more level to drop through.
You must come ride my 39 year old HD. It is the origin of storms, and the link to the past. A wormhole of sorts.
You will hate it, then you will love it. Only then can you don an oil stained doo-rag with honor and complete your quest.
You will be showered with RevTech straight 60w, offered the henna tattoo of your choice, and a cold Shiner.

And..... can ya help me fix the brakes first? :doh:

If you think about it, Doug was always a Harley guy. He loves taking dirty bikes and cleaning them up so they are shiny. What's shinier than a Harley? Doug loves fastening doo dads to his bikes. He runs out of doo dads and gets bored. Harley has at least one six inch thick book of doo dads for that bike. He'll never run out of things to bolt on that bike.

I do like to fiddle with bikes. The Harley definitely has given me the opportunity to play and I do enjoy it. The best thing about the bike is that it was always loved and taken good care of, so it makes for just loads better work from my end. Nothing is worn out, just old. The only flaw is the paint on the tank and that repairs easily enough.

As to the lifestyle, I won't get any tats or grow a moustache and goatee. I only have one Harley shirt and it is from a dealer in Scotland. I have some black jeans but I don't wear them. I ride with my gear just like on a sport bike. But firing that thing up, and hearing it is pretty cool. Ed, who sold her to me, loved the bike and I am trying to be the best custodian of the bike for Ed's sake. This is like an old friend who needs some care but still knows how to get things done.

So, no, still not into the whole Harley thing, but I do enjoy well made things, well maintained things and things that make mechanical noises that are pleasing. I need to put miles on this puppy so I can enjoy her more.

I am waffling on bars, the current set are 16 1/2 in Apes. I am thinking go back to stock buckhorns which are about an 8 in rise or go to a set of 8 in Apes. The Apes would maintain the look Ed had desired and make the bike more rideable. I also like the stock bars, so we shall see.

If you think about it, Doug was always a Harley guy. He loves taking dirty bikes and cleaning them up so they are shiny. What's shinier than a Harley? Doug loves fastening doo dads to his bikes. He runs out of doo dads and gets bored. Harley has at least one six inch thick book of doo dads for that bike. He'll never run out of things to bolt on that bike.
šŸ˜šŸ‘
Next time I'm in the neighborhood I can spend some time and school him on "THE WAVE"... The force is strong in this one...
As a long time HD rider/builder ambassador...
It's clear to me now why he chases the shinny ball across the shop floor...
WAIT WHAT, NO TATS NO FACIAL HAIR NO BLACK JEANS BLASPHEMY... šŸ˜£ They make black bibs... Broooo... Gonna have to take baby steps with this one...
Carry On

I do like to fiddle with bikes. The Harley definitely has given me the opportunity to play and I do enjoy it. The best thing about the bike is that it was always loved and taken good care of, so it makes for just loads better work from my end. Nothing is worn out, just old. The only flaw is the paint on the tank and that repairs easily enough.

As to the lifestyle, I won't get any tats or grow a moustache and goatee. I only have one Harley shirt and it is from a dealer in Scotland. I have some black jeans but I don't wear them. I ride with my gear just like on a sport bike. But firing that thing up, and hearing it is pretty cool. Ed, who sold her to me, loved the bike and I am trying to be the best custodian of the bike for Ed's sake. This is like an old friend who needs some care but still knows how to get things done.

So, no, still not into the whole Harley thing, but I do enjoy well made things, well maintained things and things that make mechanical noises that are pleasing. I need to put miles on this puppy so I can enjoy her more.

I am waffling on bars, the current set are 16 1/2 in Apes. I am thinking go back to stock buckhorns which are about an 8 in rise or go to a set of 8 in Apes. The Apes would maintain the look Ed had desired and make the bike more rideable. I also like the stock bars, so we shall see.
Mini apes, WWED?

You had the beard before. You already have the chaps that are open in the rear. How you managed your time in the Navy without a tat is kind of head scratching. Still, it's not a huge leap for the lifestyle. :D

mini-apes on FLHP

Not sure if it will fit but factory bars on my 09 FLHP (#56902-08) are sometimes called mini-apes

LWhole Bike on stand 6 Jan.JPG

Fairlane Torino - or what's left of one, car has ladderbars and mustang 2 front suspension kit - been sitting in the shop for yrs since we stopped racing

TX711 - Wife's IHRA Summit Series bracket number; TX = Lone Star Raceway Park

Mod = no box class

Fairlane Torino - or what's left of one, car has ladderbars and mustang 2 front suspension kit - been sitting in the shop for yrs since we stopped racing

TX711 - Wife's IHRA Summit Series bracket number; TX = Lone Star Raceway Park

Mod = no box class

TOO COOL!!! Thanks!!

First quarter results are in....... From Reuters....... Dateline.........

Doug's "Harley is in pieces" thread is in line for funnest thread of 2021!

That is Kevin. I bought him in the Earth Day sale at the Welding Shop at Corsicana Highschool a couple of years ago. I also have a cannon made out of tranny parts and a starship enterprise made out of cams. Kevin stands guard over our sweetpea plant these days.

IMG_0003.jpg

Back