• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wrong Way 'Round the Bend 2011

Facing the pass right before going into the riverbed.

Chris's walking recon proves uphill is doable really slowly for 4 bikes but no room for error or bikes and us will need air evac

Last edited:

Thou local offered a donkey evac, seriously uphill would've taken all day and our short window to get to 4 palmas mine would've required an extra day we didn't have to cross east and back west, and considering we had to be in Ojinaga the next day. Smart choice is leave it for another ride.

Even donkeys find this route technical. But let me say, having followed JT on some bushwackin routes in Mexico, my nickname for him is "mountain goat JT". So I'm not at all surprised he was able to take Milton thru there.

After this video was taken, we conside to leaving the rest of this uphill to the 4 legged locals.

Last edited:
Chris, I looked over this report just now and I'm 100 % sure JT and Milton did the same canyon pass we attempted last October.
Oh, I know it's the same one. There really isn't any other that is remotely usable in that area.

If we had another day available, we would have went down it too, at least part way. The house at the top of that canyon ( JT and Milton dropped into that canyon just a couple hundred yards north of where we would have tried entering) belongs to the storekeepers husband, one of the guys riding their horses up the canyon. Can't remember his name right now.

Hi Zeke, here is our track from this ride. It was the canyon you started up.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• SDCwp-f.gpx
    1.3 MB · Views: 239
Hi Zeke, here is our track from this ride. It was the canyon you started up.

GPX viewer

Yep, same canyon and it looks like you were in both possible entries. Aurelio is the guy who owns the first house at the top of that canyon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is Aurelio, he offered to pull us up with his horse and donkey. Really nice guy, hung out with us for awhile. I owe him a beer a this pic enlarged.

Back