• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Want to Buy wtb 2006+ gl1800 in the DFW area

Reaction score
As the title says I'm looking for a 2006+ goldwing preferably close to the DFW area. Extra points if it already has tapered steering bearings put in/forks rebuilt.

And a punch mark on the frame under the left side cover for brake recall. ALL GL1800’s of that body style are subject to it. 01-18 I believe.

If you haven't found a 2006+ yet, would you be open to looking at 2002?

I've about decided its time to sell my silver 2002 GL1800A & matching 2005 Bushtec Quantum GL trailer

Bike has about 53,800 miles - had the Traxxion Full Monty with fork brace done at 46,000 miles & trailer has less than 500 miles in it.
Traxxion info link https://traxxion.com/goldwing/

Bike has a Corbin heated seat, heated grips, National V-Stream windshield and several Kuryakyn add-ons.
- all issued recalls / inspections have been done on the bike
Looking to get $8,000 to $,9000 for both the bike & trailer

If interested and want to take a look at it, PM me and I'll send you my address (located in Midlothian) so you can take a look. and we can discuss price.

IMG_1086-1.jpg
MC Trailer 006-1.jpg

Similarly, I have a friend selling a 2001 in pristine condition with 20k miles for $7800 if you'd want to do a fly-n-ride. The only reason I haven't bought it is that I'm waiting to buy a friend's Tuono. Doesn't quite meet the ask but figure it's worth mentioning, it's a good price.

93IgaR2.jpg

If you haven't found a 2006+ yet, would you be open to looking at 2002?

I've about decided its time to sell my silver 2002 GL1800A & matching 2005 Bushtec Quantum GL trailer

Bike has about 53,800 miles - had the Traxxion Full Monty with fork brace done at 46,000 miles & trailer has less than 500 miles in it.
Traxxion info link https://traxxion.com/goldwing/

Bike has a Corbin heated seat, heated grips, National V-Stream windshield and several Kuryakyn add-ons.
- all issued recalls / inspections have been done on the bike
Looking to get $8,000 to $,9000 for both the bike & trailer

If interested and want to take a look at it, PM me and I'll send you my address (located in Midlothian) so you can take a look. and we can discuss price.

View attachment 305103View attachment 305104
Similarly, I have a friend selling a 2001 in pristine condition with 20k miles for $7800 if you'd want to do a fly-n-ride. The only reason I haven't bought it is that I'm waiting to buy a friend's Tuono. Doesn't quite meet the ask but figure it's worth mentioning, it's a good price.

93IgaR2.jpg

Thank you both your offers are very much appreciated and those bikes both look great, but I would need to get one seriously good deal to buy a pre 2006 goldwing again.

Issues with the earlier models (besides the frame cracking and brake seizing recalls):
-Bad fan and radiator design that causes overheating in traffic(I've been dealing with this)
-REALLY bad adg design that costs over $4,000 to fix at a shop or an at home engine drop and dissasembly if it goes bad (I've dealt with this twice)
-Bad speaker and amp quality compared to the later models
-This is personal preference but the pre 2006 gauges are ugly as sin to me

I bought my last 2002 goldwing for $4,500 (this is the price range I'd want for another pre 2006) and dropped the engine twice because of adg failures by 86k miles. It's apart again right now and I just sold it for parts because I'm so tired of dealing with it. See the attached picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20211013_112930.jpg
    IMG_20211013_112930.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Well like my Daddy always told me, it never hurts to ask - every once in a while you'll get answer that you like.

Thanks for the reply.

If it is a GL1800, it has a brake recall. The real reason for brake seizure, lack of maintenance. I did about one a week in Alaska 2016 and 2017 seasons and not one had what appeared to be even almost decent fluid in the system.

Back