• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2019 husky 701 build

Reaction score
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Shannon
Greetings friends. So I sold my faithful klr 650 and think I want to replace my mid size ride with a ktm 690 or husky 701. If anyone is planning to sell one, let me know. I’d rather buy from a member than the dealer.

Check out rocker arm problems on the 690. I am told the 701 does not have these problems.
Some say you have to replace your rocker arms every 20K miles and some have had problems with them with
only 12K miles on the bike.

Check out rocker arm problems on the 690. I am told the 701 does not have these problems.
Some say you have to replace your rocker arms every 20K miles and some have had problems with them with
only 12K miles on the bike.
DB...Glad you mentioned this. 701:wave: just get the one like Richard has 17' or later. One of those years they changed to the better current engine. The rocket http://www.texasadventure.net/motorcycles/meet-the-rocket/

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2017-Husqvarna-701-Enduro-5000934193

Last edited:
Good info, thanks. I prefer to ride them more than work on them.

"I don’t think that’s possible on anything KTM makes." QUOTE

Joe you are right about KTM. I spent last night putting in a Heli-coil for the bolt for the oil filter cover on my KTM 500. Ends up it is a known problem of those two bolts stripping out.
Wish me luck I am riding the Medina 250 tomorrow.

I don’t think that’s possible on anything KTM makes.
50265667_10217614901231822_5071396717673316352_n.jpg

18 in a row, top 4 I believe with a Husky in 5th. Just think if they were reliable how many they could win!!

Last year in the National enduro series 9 of top 10 on KTM or Husky, GNCC 7 of top 10. Bash away they last and win.

To original poster sorry for the derailment of your post. Get you a 690/701 and enjoy the heck out of it! Now any high performance bike is going to need more upkeep then the KLR, just the way it is. Higher the performance the more things wear out.

Would be cool if someone had a stock bike/no support race. Really find out which stock bikes were reliable.
Every time I race and most folks. Go to any offroad bike race and look at all the fools on KTM's getting their trophies, lol. In all honesty Yamaha is making a real dent in local offroad racing, and all the bikes are good if properly maintained. NO race bike will finish if it isn't taken care of, these aren't lawnmowers. The day of air cooled XR's is over in performance bikes. And on the internet you'll mostly read the gripes and problems while most are riding, whatever brand bike it is.

Would be cool if someone had a stock bike/no support race. Really find out which stock bikes were reliable.
And rather it's my KTM or Honda I run them as close to stock as possible, only changes are to making bike fit me, I'm big, old, and worn out!!

I hope all this helps the guy find his next bike, we are way off topic here.

I don't really know anything about the Dakar Rally.

Do they run stock bikes? Do they have a mechanical support team?

Factory and other teams have support. There is class called malle moto, now original by motul. Where the rider has to do all the maintenance and repair on his bike with no outside help. They are giving a small crate to put supplies in that they have to find someone to transport from race to race. I believe lyndon poskitt changed a rocker arm during the rally when he ran solo.

All this banter keeps it near the top of the page, I guess.

That Husky 701 seems like a cool bike for sure. Trips me out those videos of dudes riding them over jersey barriers.

He is okay with the banter, he wants the 690/701 so he can try to keep up with jmz on gravel lol.

All good. There’s good tidbits of info leaking out. I like the 690/701 for the 6200 mile oil change. I like the 450 bikes but maintenance intervals seem really short. Plus JMZ said I’m too fat and need more suspension.

All good. There’s good tidbits of info leaking out. I like the 690/701 for the 6200 mile oil change. I like the 450 bikes but maintenance intervals seem really short. Plus JMZ said I’m too fat and need more suspension.
No doubt the 450 d/s bikes will have shorter service intervals. Most carry 1 quart of oil versus if I remember right close to 3 in the 690. As always the newer you cam buy the better. 2nd year Husky's have the newer motor and the 690 gets it this year. That says my riding buddy has the 14 with almost 10,000 trouble free miles in several states! lol

Back