• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2019 husky 701 build

well If it doesn’t sell before I can get there, I think I’ll take a looks at that ‘08. Any obvious things I should look for? I’ve never owned or been around ktm’s
Clack-clack-clackady-clack.
Oil color.
Tell him not to start it.

Got it. But I meant ktm specific things I need to check

Get records for the cam roller upgrade. If not expect to pay $$$$ unless you do the work yourself then only $$.
If no record then do as aspr said, listen for Clack-clack-clackady-clack. If you ignore it engine will toast and then repair becomes $$$$$$. There are a few on TWT that have found this out the hard way. But typically you won't read about it.

Fuel pumps were another known issue I believe.

“Toast” is such a painful word! I will definitely ask

Get records for the cam roller upgrade. If not expect to pay $$$$ unless you do the work yourself then only $$.
If no record then do as aspr said, listen for Clack-clack-clackady-clack. If you ignore it engine will toast and then repair becomes $$$$$$. There are a few on TWT that have found this out the hard way. But typically you won't read about it.

Fuel pumps were another known issue I believe.

Original rocker arm rollers were upgraded in 2015. The new parts are about $200. Like stated above listen you should hear clickity-clickity (it will not be silent) not Clack-clack-clackady-clack. If you decide to purchase then pull valve cover and rocker to inspect. (I would do this even with record of rocker change) I don't have first hand knowledge, but as I understand there is some warning period before they grenade.

Original rocker arm rollers were upgraded in 2015. The new parts are about $200. Like stated above listen you should hear clickity-clickity (it will not be silent) not Clack-clack-clackady-clack. If you decide to purchase then pull valve cover and rocker to inspect. (I would do this even with record of rocker change) I don't have first hand knowledge, but as I understand there is some warning period before they grenade.
Cheaper
45802148670f799cccb9277194b6e356.jpg

So here’s the post of the day. Drum roll please... texted the skirt and said I’m going to meet a person I don’t know to look at a used bike I know nothing about. Her response, “just go buy a new one”.

I know someone that’s getting a small cheesy cardboard box of dried up chocolates this valentines!

Husky 701 here I come :dude:

So here’s the post of the day. Drum roll please... texted the skirt and said I’m going to meet a person I don’t know to look at a used bike I know nothing about. Her response, “just go buy a new one”.

I know someone that’s getting a small cheesy cardboard box of dried up chocolates this valentines!

You married up... :-P

Hurry

fb031de3922fc02c75128b4da5683140.jpg

Here’s my 2012 plated 500XC-W on its way to Big Bend this past weekend. Rode a couple hundred miles on and off pavement. It totally let me down. Two flats in one day. Definitely no rider error on sharp rock ledges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMZ
Roger, what about charging system differences between the 450/500/501 and the 690/701? Do the 690/701s put out more juice? If you want to run auxilliary lights, heated grips, GPS, etc,... that might be an important consideration when trying to decide between the 500/501 and a 690/701.

The newer 450/500 FI bikes are around 200 watts, my 14 690 is 224 watts. The older carbed bikes were around 100 watts. I've never had any issues with the stator capacity on any of my DS bikes running auxillary LED lighting, but I've never run heated gear or grips on them.

well If it doesn’t sell before I can get there, I think I’ll take a looks at that ‘08. Any obvious things I should look for? I’ve never owned or been around ktm’s

It's easy not to get a good seal around the air filter flange, especially on the 690's and 1190's. I would pull the air filter and inspect down into the throttle body intake. Run a white kleenex into the intake and if it doesn't come out spotless, I'd keep shopping. If it passes that test, I would insist on riding it for at least 10 miles to verify there's no issues.

Woah, you really did it.

Dont like the sound of toast or grenade either.

Should have got it in a crate and we could put it together

Looked over the specs. That thing is really state of the art. 2 oil pumps, ride by wire. Counterbalanced is nice too. Max74 hp. Around 350 lbs. 150 lbs lighter than my wee that has the same hp. Should feel some g force with that. Exciting , and its not even my bike.
I rode with Richard on the hill country 500 and that's one of the stunning things I first noticed grabbing the handle bars was the lack of weight and of course the modern looks (definatly euro )

Last edited:
Hey southtx. Maybe you will do a little better keeping up with my Tenere when we ride gravel now. [emoji28][emoji1][emoji1][emoji2][emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Hey southtx. Maybe you will do a little better keeping up with my Tenere when we ride gravel now. [emoji28][emoji1][emoji1][emoji2][emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
He is gonna pass me now

Back