• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WTB - Akrapovic restrictor / DB killer insert

I have one that I took out of my Akrapovic for my 2011 RT, not sure that they are the same, let me know if it might work and I will see if I can find it in the barn.

I will take a look tonight and send you a picture too see if it will work.

Are these what you are looking for? I forgot that mine came with two.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 262
That is basically what I'm looking for but I'm afraid the ones you have may be too small since your bike has 2 silencers. If you'd be so kind as to measure the outer diameter of the part that fits in the tube of the silencer where the screw is. That would tell me if it will fit into my silencer correctly. Also, what is the inner diameter of the inside tube where the exhaust exits? Any of that make sense... LOL.

I see I'd have to do a little modifying because of the way the nut is welded onto the ones you have but I can do that if everything else is correct.

Finally, if you don't want to post a price on the open forum, PM me.

Let me measure them up and see what the deal is. I am sure I can make you one heck of a deal so we can worry about that later.

Ok outer pipe OD is about 15/8 to about 1 11/16 the smaller pipe inside diameter is right about 1 inch. Hard to measure because the smaller pipe is not flush to the larger pipe.....hope that helps. Or how about I just send you one and see if it fits. It will cost me all of 5 bucks to mail it. If it fits send me the price of six pack if not drop it back in the 5 dollar postage box and send it back.

I Saw your message and went to the garage and measured the inner diameter of the silencer where the insert fits. It measures 2 and 3/32 inches. Strike one. From what someone on Adventure Rider forum told me, the inner diameter of the actual outlet is around 1 and 5/16 inches. Strike two. I've been thinking about making one myself since I have a pretty well equipped shop but I couldn't even use the ones you have for parts. Strike three. So, like I feared, the ones you have are not going to work for me.

I REALLY appreciate all your trouble finding the inserts and measuring them for me. It is looking like I'm just going to have to find some stainless and make one myself.

Still looking for one.

If anyone has the M-B12SO silencer and has the paperwork, would you please provide me the replacement part number for the noise damper insert.

Thanks
Dennis

Back