• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WTB Bicycle

Reaction score
Would really like to get my wife a bicycle. Does anyone have anything decent laying around. I'm looking for a hybrid or mtb with about a 17" frame. I can get what I want for about $350 new at bike shop, but was looking to spend less than $200. Age not a problem, but decent condition is. I don't want to dump money into it for new parts, cables things like that. Some bikes I have been looking at are trek 3700, 4500...

I have a couple laying around. When I get home I will send you some pics and the brand and model.

Sounds good. Been scanning craigslist, lots of junk out there and people who think they have gold.

If she doesn't plan to be trail running, a hybrid is a good compromise for riding streets, sidewalks, park paths, & jumping off an occasional curb. Trek's current hybrid series is called the Verve. I have an older Trek hybrid, & love it.

Back