• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Want to Buy WTB dirt bike

Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
I have a 50 for my 5yo to learn on and now I want a bike also. I have a budget around 1k and I’m ready to buy. Something along the lines of a XR/XL, any MX bike, KDX, KLX, KLR, DRs, vintage trials, etc. Maint/light repairs ok. I’m not looking to split cases/full rebuild though. I want to be up and going quickly. I’m in the N Houston area but willing to travel.

I rebuilt by current KLR i picked up for $1k from a TWT'ers garage. Be patient and something will come.
I am realy wanting to build a street legal KDX one of these days. It would make a perfect play bike in my opinion.

Worth a try can't go wrong for the price

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
Maybe....I’m 6ft and a 280+. A XR600 is a real comfortable fit ergonomics wise. That might be a bit small. I’m kinda hoping to find a full size dirt bike.

Maybe....I’m 6ft and a 280+. A XR600 is a real comfortable fit ergonomics wise. That might be a bit small. I’m kinda hoping to find a full size dirt bike.
Maxx, I was going to suggest that you consider my 2012 Kaw 250 KLXs (steet legal) but it may not have the power you want. I'm 6'2 and 205, wanting to go up to a Vstrom 650 or a Tenere 700 for more power and hwy capability. Check out the specs on the KLX and reply if you want me to send photos, upgrades, price, etc. Headed to Big Bend tomorrow for a week, will try to check back depending on connectivity.

Send me info on it.
Maxx, here is my 2012 Kawasaki KLX 250S. I bought it in Jan 2019 when I was 61 yo from a dealer in Oklahoma. It had about 2500 miles on it then. Now the miles are around 4800. Changes that I made are: new Kenda tires with heavy-duty tubes, Precision rear rack, Rotopax 1.5 gallon with bracket, dropped the countershaft sprocket from stock 14 to 13 tooth for lower gearing, still have the stock 14 tooth. Previous owner added a cross bar to the handlebars. I had one slow speed drop in a sand patch of my yard. The side panels are a little scratched, but not bad. Does have a carb and is cold natured with the junk we call gasoline these days. Runs great, I would say the condition is 8 out of 10. I have had zero trouble with this bike in the 2 years that I have owned it. I'm pretty firm at $2,300. I would take $100 off if I kept the Rotopax and mounting bracket. Donation will be made to TWT if we make a deal!

I'm in Cisco TX, 100 miles west of Fort Worth. Rex Fields, cell is 254-631-2116. I am just about to leave for Big Bend. Call me if you need more info. Could show you the bike next Saturday morning.

Attachments

• KLX 1.jpg
    KLX 1.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 125
  • KLX2.jpg
    KLX2.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 121
  • KLX 3.jpg
    KLX 3.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 113
  • KLX5.jpg
    KLX5.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Maxx, here is my 2012 Kawasaki KLX 250S. I bought it in Jan 2019 when I was 61 yo from a dealer in Oklahoma. It had about 2500 miles on it then. Now the miles are around 4800. Changes that I made are: new Kenda tires with heavy-duty tubes, Precision rear rack, Rotopax 1.5 gallon with bracket, dropped the countershaft sprocket from stock 14 to 13 tooth for lower gearing, still have the stock 14 tooth. Previous owner added a cross bar to the handlebars. I had one slow speed drop in a sand patch of my yard. The side panels are a little scratched, but not bad. Does have a carb and is cold natured with the junk we call gasoline these days. Runs great, I would say the condition is 8 out of 10. I have had zero trouble with this bike in the 2 years that I have owned it. I'm pretty firm at $2,300. I would take $100 off if I kept the Rotopax and mounting bracket. Donation will be made to TWT if we make a deal!

I'm in Cisco TX, 100 miles west of Fort Worth. Rex Fields, cell is 254-631-2116. I am just about to leave for Big Bend. Call me if you need more info. Could show you the bike next Saturday morning.
Sweet deal [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Still looking to buy a dirt bike. Honda XR 200 and up. TW200, Vintage trials bike, anyu brand MX bike, KDX, KLX, pretty open. Some maint/upkeep ok. Dont want to do a full rebuild though. Trying to stay around 1K.

Back