• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WTB: Light Pickup Truck

Reaction score
Between the girlfriend and me we just have one r1200gs which mostly works out fine, but I think we would be a little more comfortable if we had a pickup truck for the winter. I'm in Austin, but can get anywhere in the state. I'm pretty set on a Ranger that's clean and runs well with ac and preferably the 2.3L motor. Though I'm interested in what people have. My requirements are clean and well maintained, good fuel economy, working ac/heater. I also like old Toyota Pickups.

Just let me know if you have something. I can probably make a buy this week if you do and it meets my budget.

I have a '99 Mazda B-3000, 88,000ish miles 5-speed bed cover recently rebuilt motor everything works.
I'm in south Austin and so is the truck.
Tom

which 2.3 engine? the old single came one or the new twin cam?

Consider the Mazda B2300; same truck as the Ranger, that'll make your search a little easier. I had a '97, 5spd, loved that little truck. The only small pickup I've ever owned that could not only average over 20mpg, but actually broke 30 on the highway... once I did it towing 2 bikes!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

I'm going frontier. The 2.4L has 30hp more than the ranger's 2.4L Trying my best to get a newer model with the 2.5L w/ manual.

Any interest in a 6cyl? I may be willing to part way with my 97 Ranger XLT supercab. 4.0L V6, 5spd, manual transfer case, manual hubs. Everything works, no mechanical issues what so ever and a very clean, straight body. Has newer 31" all terrains on it, a new cd/am/fm/bluetooth/ipod radio in it. 126K. Shoot me a pm if you are interested and want more pictures.

photo19a.jpg

photo20o.jpg

I've got a 1991 Toyota x/cab,gray inside and out,just over 100k,auto,a/c,tires have 1k,had COMPLETE new motor 30k ago,2.4L,even has a "bike buddy" installed in bed!!

VERY CLEAN!!

I have a white 2005 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab LS, 2.8L 4cyl 5M. Just had brake work done on all 4 wheels, & I think it's at about 98k miles. I've added a bedliner and a class IV Valley towing receiver & hitch. I get about ~20mpg. KBB shows it around $10k.

I'll look for some pics or take some new ones tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the offers and help, I have a pending sale with Ktim and should pick the truck up next week.

Any interest in a 6cyl? I may be willing to part way with my 97 Ranger XLT supercab. 4.0L V6, 5spd, manual transfer case, manual hubs. Everything works, no mechanical issues what so ever and a very clean, straight body. Has newer 31" all terrains on it, a new cd/am/fm/bluetooth/ipod radio in it. 126K. Shoot me a pm if you are interested and want more pictures.

photo19a.jpg

photo20o.jpg

What would you ask for it?

if someone is interested in an 03 corolla le, i need to sell it to buy a small truck. or sell my f250:trust: i am on a serious hunt for a ranger/s10/mazda.

No problem, I'm glad everyone is getting help from the original post and looks like I'll be getting my truck so everything's well.

Back