• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WTB, maybe - VStrom 1000 windscreen of some kind

YoDoc

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Does anybody want to let me borrow a windscreen? Or sell me one pretty cheap? Even if it's beat up or scratched thoroughly. I have no clue how short I should go. *shrug* I just know this giant vee bailey on it now ain't gonna cut it when the heat shows up.

Have you checked on the stromtrooper forum. There is for sale section and a pay it forward for free stuff. I didn't see anything currently but I will keep an eye on it. I'm looking for a seat. There is a ton of strom info to.

I got onto VSRI, but stromtrooper is next on my list. VSRI seems... A little dead.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip, though!

You can remove the sticker residue with acetone. Wipe it on and off real quick. The windshield can be polished with Meguiars Plastx and a drill buffing attachment like they use to restore headlights. You can do that for about $40 and it should come out crystal clear

Hmmm.... If I get it nice and clean, I could probably sell it.

BTW. Nice bike! We aren't too far away. Need to recover from knee surgery but in a few weeks we should go ride.

Does anybody want to let me borrow a windscreen? Or sell me one pretty cheap? Even if it's beat up or scratched thoroughly. I have no clue how short I should go. *shrug* I just know this giant vee bailey on it now ain't gonna cut it when the heat shows up.

Actually you should cut it. Cut it down that is. Shouldn't be difficult with a decent saw and then a sander to smooth the edge. I have a "almost" ready for the dumpster stock Suzuki DL650 windshield (does that even fit a DL1000?) you could have it for free. It is severely yellowed and crazed and not possible to rejuvenate IMO. But bolting it on to test heights before cutting your tall windshield down would be a good idea. Only reason I kept it was to cut it down and paint it black to basically go without a windshield but keeping the fairing looking finished. But I got adjusted to the stock windshield set to lowest position so I'm not gonna mess with that anymore.

_

Actually you should cut it. Cut it down that is. Shouldn't be difficult with a decent saw and then a sander to smooth the edge. I have a "almost" ready for the dumpster stock Suzuki DL650 windshield (does that even fit a DL1000?) you could have it for free. It is severely yellowed and crazed and not possible to rejuvenate IMO. But bolting it on to test heights before cutting your tall windshield down would be a good idea. Only reason I kept it was to cut it down and paint it black to basically go without a windshield but keeping the fairing looking finished. But I got adjusted to the stock windshield set to lowest position so I'm not gonna mess with that anymore.

_

I think I'm gonna try out TShelfer's stock screen on a swap, for height, but don't bin yours, I may actually take it off your hands if I like his.

Back