• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WTB motorcycle pet carrier for small dog

Ruzgar

Reaction score
Does anyone have pet carrier for sale? Planning to go for camping trip and take our fur baby with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have miniature schnauzer classifies as ”Small”.

I can't help you with a used one but after 20+years, I have gone thru plenty of them. Tractor Supply sells a decent wire style in all sorts of sizes for a reasonable price. I like the wire ones vs the plastic as they breathe much better and fold up flat when not in use. They come with a plastic pan for spills (etc). You can also hang flat backed ss containers (the flat back buckets come with a hanger) for food and water on the wire ones. That keeps the food/water out of the way and helps avoid spills. If you find yourself in a situation where you would like to provide a "cave" or shield your dog from distractions, you can cover the wire ones with a towel or blanket. I would get the largest size that works for your camping setup, that way if you need to leave for awhile, your pup will have room to relax and not feel imprisoned. rh

Stainless steel 1 qt flat back bucket...Upco...23961 $6.79 each
I couldn't figure out how to add a link. They are also a good source for flea treatment/shampoos/leashes and everything else.
Also, when I travel with my dogs I put then in a Ruffwear harness. They are very adjustable, cushioned, heavy duty, illuminated stripes and an ID pouch, much safer than a collar for hooking up a leash. I have been on 3 week trips and left the harness on the whole time. I buy the Ruffwear's on ebay for $40, not cheap but I think they are the best harness you can get for your dog.rh

I know nelson rigg now makes a overly expensive pet carrier for motorcycles.

I don't have one for sale. If you buy new, the cheapest are, as usual, at Walmart or Amazon. However, the best one I ever had was made of mesh, with a collapsible tubular frame. Weighed practically nothing. They cost a bit more, but have some real advantages. They get more airflow than any other crate except a wire one. And the mesh contains dog hair, so it doesn't end up blowing around the car. You can buy those on Amazon for a small dog, for as low as about $30.

I saw some pet carriers on Amazon but not sure how secure they could be back of the bike. There are some motorcycle accessory manufacturer’s products but they are also pretty expensive too.

I didn't realize you wanted to carry it on the bike. Not sure what to recommend for that. Good luck.

I didn't realize you wanted to carry it on the bike. Not sure what to recommend for that. Good luck.

No worries, I noticed that I also didn’t provide clear picture what we needed for carrier.

I've seen a lot of folks strap their pet carrier sideways across the bike, and just put the dog in the carrier through the door, close the door, and then add a bungee to ensure it stays closed.

Like this one: http://t.ly/zMeyw

I found cheapest from the motorcycle accessory manufacturer and has multiple anchor points. But it might be like slow cooker during hot Texas summers.

Milwaukee Performance Heavy Duty Motorcycle Pet Carrier Sissy Bar Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073FSDS7Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_C2EjEbRGVBB8N

Alternatively, I was considering to get this kind of carrier which would be also good pet bed when we are at camp site. It doesn’t have a lot of anchor points to secure them in bike, but of course Velcro and bungee cords always option.

OMORC Pet Carrier Airline Approved, Expandable Foldable Soft-Sided Dog Carrier, Cat Carrier with 3 Open Doors, 2 Reflective Tapes, Pet Travel Bag Safe and Easy for Cats and Dogs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y61S9Q7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Y3EjEb53TK09K

I saw the hard boxes as you mentioned and I am curious how well it can be secured on the bike.

I think, they all have their pros and cons.

Old fashioned KLR milk crate with bungee net over the top? :rofl:

f5e1a8a86e6a3aab2f216cf0cb3542c6.jpg

We use exactly the same setup on our bicycles but I think, that might be too cold and especially too windy on motorcycle setup

is the dog already accustomed to riding on motorcycles? does it like it?

i'm slowly turning my mutt into an "adv dog". started out with him in a backpack that i wore facing forward.

he has graduated to a large tank bag that i've converted for his use. he likes riding, but so far i've kept it short and sweet.

he is too big (too long in the back) for most of the ones sold on amazon.

IMG_2363.JPG

here he is taking an impromptu cruise around a field at Kubotamike's place. right now
i like having him in front where i can monitor how he's doing.

good luck!

If you're wanting to really go all out, saw this on advrider

If you're wanting to really go all out, saw this on advrider

I have top case on my bike and this wouldn’t work. However the price seems ridiculous.... I got it, it’s very well built but still...

3167831b945a596049c60f6e29ad07ca.jpg

is the dog already accustomed to riding on motorcycles? does it like it?

i'm slowly turning my mutt into an "adv dog". started out with him in a backpack that i wore facing forward.

he has graduated to a large tank bag that i've converted for his use. he likes riding, but so far i've kept it short and sweet.

he is too big (too long in the back) for most of the ones sold on amazon.

View attachment 252838

here he is taking an impromptu cruise around a field at Kubotamike's place. right now
i like having him in front where i can monitor how he's doing.

good luck!
Look at this link. It may help

Back