• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WTB - XT225/250

lm002e

Reaction score
Looking for something light and small for the old ball 'n chain to ride. Would also consider a DR200 or other similar street legal dual-sport. I'm in Austin but can travel for the right bike.

lm002e@gmail.com
505-553-8840
Luke

I have 2007 XT225 that I am about to have for sell. I have brand new Kenda 761's for it to replace the stock tires. They are in good shape but just cruddy tires to start with and they're not road friendly at all (in my opinon). I currently have the rear fender off in the pictures but have it and it is in fine condition. I just have a UFO wr450 fender/taillight kit coming on Friday and it helps clean up the rear of the bike nicely, while still allowing for a rear rack or luggage attachment, if you want go go that route. The stock fender just makes the XT look so fugly.

I picked up the bike from a family member so it had gas sitting in it for a while and essentially it ruined the carb. I got a replacement off a donor XT and cleaned and rebuilt it with just the new rubber parts and the jets from the Original carb. I think it just needs re-jetting from stock, what I have read in the forums seems to indicate the factory jetting makes the bike really cold natured on initial start up. Once you get it warmed up it runs fine, idles fine, and has good acceleration, but it just needs the choke to start and has to sit idling for a lot longer than I am accustomed to with my other bikes, even in the weather we are having right now. It's a fun little bike to ride but its just way too small for me and I would have to spend a lot more on it than I am willing to get the suspension worthy of supporting me properly.

Youtube link: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NYUMKsUGpU&list=UUHMgB3UN-ZfIqB87JUSjugA"]2007 Yamaha XT 225 (Serow) - YouTube[/ame]

Upgrades include:
773 Original Miles.
Fresh rebuild on Carb
Emgo handgaurds (Blue colored)
Clarke 4.1 Gallon tank (white w/ new petcock)
DMO specialties footpegs (wider footpegs)
UFO Rear fender with integrated brake light (custom fit to bike)
Brand New Kenda 761’s front and rear
Sell price: $2750

I have all the stock parts, including the metal tank. It just needs to be washed out and properly treated. It was on my list of things to do but I just have not gotten there yet.

I'm thinking I should be able to get $2750 for the bike just due to the upgrades. I even have some of the OE Yamaha stickers on the way right now and I am going to prep them to install on the tank.

It's set up to do some on road and off road distance riding with the tank upgrade, and all the signals and switches work perfect. Anything else that needs to be done is just a matter of ergonomics and luggage. It was dropped previously by the previous owner because it was somewhat of a learner bike for them. The bulk of the damage was a scrape on the headlight plastic, the left side grab rail, and a tear in the seat (which is what the black gaffers tape is covering in the pictures).

This is the first place I am posting about it, and right now the only, so if you have some interest I am a little flexible on the price and maybe we can work some magic. I'm pretty sure you won't find another XT 225 in this condition for this price, given I have done some upgrades already, and am including a brand new set of tires.

I've tried to attach some photos but I keep getting some error message regarding a security token on the forums. I have a direct link here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/100230867437151137643/YamahaXT225Serow

I'll try to upload some here in a few moments. It's probably the size of the pictures causing an issue.

Pictures added

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Ah I keep trying and trying, lol

I think the iphone pictures are just too darn big...

Attachments

• IMG_0154 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_0154 (Custom).jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0232 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_0232 (Custom).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0233 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_0233 (Custom).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0234 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_0234 (Custom).jpg