• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: WWII Military vehicles

Just posting to gauge interest.

I have a friend who is trying to help out an elderly lady. Her husband passed away leaving a couple of WWII vehicles, an ambulance and a command car from what I have been told. I don’t know any of the details on the vehicles. Apparently there are also uniforms, bayonets and weapons in his collection. If we have any buffs on here that are seriously interested please get in touch with me and I will put you in touch with my friend and hopefully help her friend out. It sounds a bit convoluted, however this may work out well for everyone. I personally do not know the widow, I don’t know the vehicles or any real details. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kman198

Forum Supporter
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Haywood
I have contact with The Pacific War Musem in Fredricksburg. They may be interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

First Name
Joshua
Wish I had money I'd be interested in any thing like a Jeep. Good luck with the whole process.

Dave, short of posting this and arranging a contact I have nothing to do with this process. I don’t even know where it all is.

Downs I with you, I love a bit of militaria but I’m too broke to afford any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you run across any B-17 stuff, let me know. I have a special lady in mind.View attachment 230233
If that's your plane....heck if its not and you just know the owner....THAT is one of the coolest things ever. I can't imagine being able to fly in something with so much vintage and history for a given period in time. Being the father of three boys I can only imagine the stories that could be created with something like this in the family!

-CJB

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Adams
If you can get me a list of what they have and pics, I’ll pass the info onto my former boss. He’s got a sizeable collection.

If they’ve got any later vehicles (CUCV’s - specifically an ambulance M1010) I’m in the market myself

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
First Name
David
I’ve got a cylinder head that came off Doc , they sold original engine parts as a fund riser , I couldn’t pass up on that

LaserDave

Forum Supporter
If that's your plane....heck if its not and you just know the owner....THAT is one of the coolest things ever. I can't imagine being able to fly in something with so much vintage and history for a given period in time. Being the father of three boys I can only imagine the stories that could be created with something like this in the family!

-CJB
It's the CAF's, and I'm a Flight Engineer, part time wrench, and general hangar flunkie for it. I'm also heading the restoration to working status all the turrets.
Off-topic bump? Sorry.... :wave: