• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wyoming BDR

I knew an old rancher in the hill country who had worked out a deal to trade his place for some picturesque ranch near the Sawtooth range. He was ready to pull the trigger on it until he went up there in winter. Took one trip and that deal was dead as Joe Stalins favorite parakeet. :nono:

Is the entire BDR going to be published next month? Is the entire route going to be contiguous?
As Hump said, it's now available and it's one continuous line. Hump, when are you going? I would like to ride this if I can find compatible riders to ride with.

As Hump said, it's now available and it's one continuous line. Hump, when are you going? I would like to ride this if I can find compatible riders to ride with.
No definite date, just in the planning stages. Have a group of old guys that I went through high school with that try to do something together each year. We’ve done most of the continental divide, NM, CO, and UT BDRs.

I ride Wyoming a lot (always seem to have to cross it to get where I'm going) and I swear the whole freakin' State is a BDR....

Attachments

• IMG_7151.JPG
    IMG_7151.JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_7160.JPG
    IMG_7160.JPG
    328.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_7162.JPG
    IMG_7162.JPG
    304.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_7177.JPG
    IMG_7177.JPG
    383.1 KB · Views: 114
Meet me in Steamboat Springs middle of August. We'll head north by northwest. :pirate:

Love the ride out of Steamboat on the BDR, awesomeness. I slabbing it back on I-80 and well the wind was stupid. I would pass a semi and just about get blown into the median, after a few times of that crap, just decided to draft behind the big rigs and adjust for the wind.

Looks like an awesome ride. I lived in Wyoming for a while and loved roaming the Bighorn range. Lots of great stuff there. Might have to try to do this one at some point.

I’ve put a couple thousand miles on my bikes in the basin area , pavement and not . I don’t get tired of it and am headed back in a couple months . I dont follow somebody else’s route , I find my own . 1500 miles on my bicycle too .

The bdr's I've ridden were great. They route through some of the most scenic areas and switch back and forth between nice gentle rides and a few more technical stretches. When I'd get to a particularly technical run they always had a go around for folks preferring it. Having them segmented into daily rides with camping on both ends is a time saver for planning. Only problems we ever had were covering a day's segment too early and having to decide about trying to make the next segment before dark or stopping mid afternoon (this happened a lot). Oh...and forest fires blocking the route where very few if any alternative routes were possible (northern Idaho).

All of them were challenging and wouldn't be something I'd want to take a new rider through. They cover so much different terrain that you'll eventually find a good reason to slow down and pay attention. On an unloaded dirt bike you could totally rip through any of it but on loaded adv bikes the trails are just right. It's really a splendid experience.

Last edited:
@_RG_ - We rode through a forest fire NE of Salmon, Idaho last year after begging a cop to let us through a road block; dumbest thing I ever did. Smoke was thick and you could feel the heat from the fire through your riding gear. Hope not to do that again
IMG_5995.JPG

IMG_6005.JPG

IMG_6008.JPG

in...

Map is now available
& Ive got em....
I actually keep all the BDR series on hand...along with the Butler G1 series too.

The southern 3rd. It cuts though the Lincoln NF. It's probably less the 1/3. My daughter and I went in March and it was raining quite a bit so progress though some areas that should have been a breeze were a slow muddy affair so we only made it as far as Cloudcroft (running South to North) before we needed to head back.

Back