• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Xtreme today

Reaction score
With the rain last night I can't resist. Going to Xtreme this morning for what could be some epic dirt. Anyone up for a last minute ride?

Ride report is: There was no ride. Was told @ the gate that a new rule exist & they only allow dirt bikes Monday - Thursday.
So I came back home. I guess I understand & plan to go back on Tuesday. It did not appear they got much rain there. The sand still looked dry & loose. We got a pretty good storm early last night in Dayton with the perfect !/2" rain. Looking @ the radar I thought Crosby did too.

Well, guess that's fair, I don't want quads where I'm at. So maybe they don't want to bikes.

Oh yeah I get it for sure.
I bet one of the dirt bikers splashed mud in somebody's beer & ruined it for everybody.:rider::giveup:
Something along that line, I bet they don't want you for whatever reason.

Dang, that was harsh. I was was just kidding about the beer thing. But the comment is based on a true story.
2005, my son, Dement & a couple of other pros were putting in a brutal day out there on a make shift turn track getting ready for Southwick. 2 ft ruts were common. A man & his 2 grown sons were on 4 wheelers. The dad got stuck in a one of the ruts at a bad time & got some sand thrown on him. He came to me and said said in a big country accent, " Your boys throwed sand on me." I just replied that he was in the wrong place if getting sand on him was a problem.
Oh the good old days were many out there.
I plan to give it another try tomorrow morning.

Dang, that was harsh. I was was just kidding about the beer thing. But the comment is based on a true story.
2005, my son, Dement & a couple of other pros were putting in a brutal day out there on a make shift turn track getting ready for Southwick. 2 ft ruts were common. A man & his 2 grown sons were on 4 wheelers. The dad got stuck in a one of the ruts at a bad time & got some sand thrown on him. He came to me and said said in a big country accent, " Your boys throwed sand on me." I just replied that he was in the wrong place if getting sand on him was a problem.
Oh the good old days were many out there.
I plan to give it another try tomorrow morning.
"You", was a bad choice of words, meant us, bikers.

Not sure if anyone remembers Shiro Ridge in Alto. 15 years ago, I thought the quads were going to string me up. From then on landowner would let a couple of us in on Wednesday. Had it to ourselves. Awesome times.

Not sure if anyone remembers Shiro Ridge in Alto. 15 years ago, I thought the quads were going to string me up. From then on landowner would let a couple of us in on Wednesday. Had it to ourselves. Awesome times.
We have a big Quad park about 100 miles north of me near Burkeville. I have contacted them several times about the possibility of bikes having a few trails of even a dedicated day. Not a single response, not one.

Back