• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yamaha Tenere 700

FROM UPSHIFTONLINE.COM

Yamaha started taking preorders for the Ténéré 700 yesterday in Europe. The system even crashed for a bit so it sounds like things are off and running for them. Maybe this will inspire Yamaha HQ to get the bike to market in North America as quickly as possible. No firm dates as of yet. Weight is supposed to come in around 450lbs

Last edited:

UPSHIFT Instagram photo

Been watching this for years. But definitely not sorry I got my v strom. Figure I will run it for 5 years and hope to get this t7 someday. Depends on how it shakes out. A lot can happen between now and then 2021-22'

Yeah, I'm thinking I will be game about 6 months to a year after launch. Gonna keep an eye on what Suzuki and Kawasaki are doing. What will be the KLR replacement? Will there be a true V-Strom adventure/off-road version?

Yeah, I'm thinking I will be game about 6 months to a year after launch. Gonna keep an eye on what Suzuki and Kawasaki are doing. What will be the KLR replacement? Will there be a true V-Strom adventure/off-road version?
Like the dr big at 1000cc? Who knows. Just when you think you figure out the manufacturers out , they go and talk about things like a larger Africa twin. Going the wrong way imo. What ever.

I understand folks concerns about weight, but I also don't like being tossed about by cross winds at 75-80 mph....it's always a give and take...I'm a 60 hwy 40 gravel/dirt...got to have good high speed highway performance. Kinda want to keep a 19 inch front....

I'd much prefer the 21" front on anything I plan to leave the pavement with. You loose some contact patch on road due to a narrower tire, but you gain diameter which helps with rolling over bumps, longs, etc.

All bikes this size will be heavy, it's how the bike carrys the weight that matters. I rode jmz's super tenere and it "felt" lighter than southtex klr that he had.

The T7 will be what I'll dream of buying for 10 years until a used one is finally in my price range.

Any body know if the tires will be tubeless? The tires show "tl" sizes. I can't see on any pics released where it clearly shows the tubeless rims or not.

Convert 212 Kilometers per Hour to Miles per Hour. :eek2: fast enough
km/hmph

Motorcycle sales are expected to collapse 50% in North America by years end. I will be pleasantly surprised if Yamaha actually unveils the t700 to North America as planned.

Back