• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yamaha Tenere 700

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
I play in dirt with one cylinder. I know what you mean.
I would love this for gravel adventure. I'm certainly not in the league as many of you are off-road and mx.

It seems like I destroy my wee strom bike a little more each time I get out on the gravel.

bwdmax

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Turner
I am loving mine so far. Contemplating what I might want to sell to gain some garage space. ST1300 has already been sold, the old KLR is probably next.
I would think the T-700 would do anything the KLR can do and more. I would like to ride one but purchase will have to wait a couple years.

Reaction score
I would think the T-700 would do anything the KLR can do and more. I would like to ride one but purchase will have to wait a couple years.

It is a little heavier, doesn't have the range of my Gen 1 KLR with an IMS tank, and isn't built to be dropped repeatedly with out sustaining major damage like a Gen 1 KLR is. Everything else the T7 does lots better. The engine is absolutely fanstastic.

Crew Chief

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Brewster
I am loving mine so far. Contemplating what I might want to sell to gain some garage space. ST1300 has already been sold, the old KLR is probably next.
That has been a good soldier, but sooner or later all soldiers retire or die. You no longer take it on the trails and I haven't seen you ride it as far as Dallas since you first test rode the Super Ten. It needed a jump that day to get home.

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
It is a little heavier, doesn't have the range of my Gen 1 KLR with an IMS tank, and isn't built to be dropped repeatedly with out sustaining major damage like a Gen 1 KLR is. Everything else the T7 does lots better. The engine is absolutely fanstastic.
Can we get a photo of your tenere 700?
PlzPlz Plz? Were you the guy I saw at luckenbach a couple months ago that day with the bike?

Jarrett

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
That's a big statement there knowing how much you love the KLRs.

Reaction score
Can we get a photo of your tenere 700?
PlzPlz Plz? Were you the guy I saw at luckenbach a couple months ago that day with the bike?
06155a8800986d651351351e7a3cad76.jpg

Wasn't me.

misterk

Forum Supporter
Reaction score

Stop the world!!!!!!! Rich Simmons selling his KLR?????? Never gonna happen

Reaction score
There was one at Lone Star Yamaha last week in Irving.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk