• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yamaha Tenere 700

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
i suppose north americans need not apply, nothing mentioned for north america.

http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/tenere-700-world-tour-route/

:suicide: :scratch: :huh: :shrug:

Yamaha-Tenere-700-World-Raid-Tour-2018-2.jpg

Last edited:
I do wish I was the right 'demographic' for that bike.

yamaha-tenere-700-powered-by-689-cc-parallel-twin-engine_625x300_1526551006384.jpg

yamaha-tenere-700_625x300_1526551056138.jpg

This is the one for me , but ain't gona happen for a long time. By that time, it's worldwide over all sales will diminish, then the discontinuation will occur . Yes, not too positive a thinker am I. Gotta think... Happy happy, joy, joy, joy.

Last edited:
EICMA Milan, Italy. ARE WE THERE YET?

1agi7j4_yamaha-tenere-700-world-raid-in-morocco_625x300_16_July_18.jpg

The Yamaha Tenere 700 is the much-awaited middleweight adventure bike from Yamaha which was showcased as the Yamaha 700 World Raid concept at the EICMA 2017 show in Italy last year, and a year before that, as the Yamaha T7 concept. The Tenere 700 is based on the Yamaha MT-07, and powered by the same 689 cc, parallel-twin engine which is tuned to produce 75 bhp of maximum power at 6,500 rpm and 68 Nm of peak torque at 6,500 rpm. On the Tenere 700, the state of tune is expected to change, possibly with more low-end grunt and torque for off-road riding on different kinds of terrain. But it's still a prototype and so far, there's no confirmation when Yamaha will introduce the production model of the Yamaha Tenere 700.

2018-iK-T7-9479-2152-default-large.jpg

I loooove how it looks. Hoping to see the final product in November.

I've been eyeing this since the first teasers. Really hope it makes it here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Keeping my eye on this one and the KTM 790 Adventure.

KTM looks like it’ll be the one to beat but **** is it ugly... I guess if reviews are spectacular I’d consider it (or maybe someone will make millions by selling custom front fairings).

This has been a story (or non story) for at least the past 3 years. Pretty much all has been said about it. Just waiting , but many have moved on too. Seems like they could have been making sales by now.

Gear patrol
September 27, 2018 | By Bryan Campbell

The Japanese brand already has the 1199cc Super Ténéré adventure bike in its stable, but the Ténéré 700 is less part of the long-haul touring bike category and more focused on the dirt. With that said, it’s still built for long rides. The bike’s style and design are pulled directly from Yamaha’s rally-raid endurance racing bikes — the ones you see tackling Dakar.

It’s the type of bike the adventure riding community has been pleading for, for quite some time now — not a big cushy adventure-tourer, but not a high-strung enduro. Bikes like the Ténéré 700 and the upcoming KTM 790 Adventure R will be the Goldilocks option. We’re keeping an ear to the ground and with one eye on this year’s big motorcycle shows for any new info, but it’s safe to assume 2019 will be a big year for adventure motorcycles.

The new issue of cycle world did a 1090 vs tiger vs at. They hinted about a shootout featuring the T7 like they know something we don't

Is there any speculation on what the specs would look like on this bike? Weight, hp, etc?

Gear patrol
September 27, 2018 | By Bryan Campbell

Bikes like the Ténéré 700 and the upcoming KTM 790 Adventure R will be the Goldilocks option.

While it's certainly a cool looking bike, and using the "Goldilocks" narrative, any Adventure bike North of 400 pounds is not exactly what I'd call "just right"...

While it's certainly a cool looking bike, and using the "Goldilocks" narrative, any Adventure bike North of 400 pounds is not exactly what I'd call "just right"...

Are there any adventure bikes south of 400?

Even the RX3 is over 400 wet.

If honda can still make a air cooled 30 year old bike that weighs 350lbs. It is alittle surprising that yamaha or anyone else cant bring the weight down.

If honda can still make a air cooled 30 year old bike that weighs 350lbs.

They won't be much longer. That said, they already make the 690 Enduro if you just want a dual sport that's better than the 650 dinosaurs.

As for ADV bikes, extra cylinder, radiator, 6-speed transmission, ABS, ECU, fuel injection, fairings, windscreen, human-usable seat, I guess it all adds up.

Last edited by a moderator:
They won't be much longer.

Extra cylinder, radiator, 6-speed transmission, ABS, ECU, fuel injection, fairings, windscreen, human-usable seat, I guess it all adds up.
Just for kicks I looked up the crf250l rally. 346lbs.
To me though 406lbs isnt a turn off, as long as it carries its weight well.

I know the xrl is headed out the door, but parts will be around for a long time, and I love mine. But the new tenere would make the highway rides much nicer.

Last edited:
An ADV bike needs to be able to outrun an old lady in a rascal though :rofl:
This is true. For 60 more pounds, I'll take the extra 450cc's

Back