• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yamaha Tenere 700

I'm trying hard to keep it afloat.
I've been doing my best to help you! Maybe we should just collaborate and maximize our dollars? Reasoning? Uhmmmm let's see......we can help more people that way? Yesssssss....that's a great explanation!🤔 You in?🤣🤣🤣🤣

Motorcycle sales are expected to collapse 50% in North America by years end. I will be pleasantly surprised if Yamaha actually unveils the t700 to North America as planned.

I can't speak for motorcycle sales in Texas but this is what is happening in Utah per a 20 + year salesman at a local ( Yamaha / Honda / Polaris ) dealership and my personal observations.

"Our sales in April are at levels we haven't seen since 2006." He told me that he sold 60 units in April and he already was above 60 units in May ( as of May 20th.) The local KTM / Husqvarna / Suzuki dealership appears to have the same good fortune.

I'm not sure about BMW / Harley, etc. ( more expensive bikes.)

I was at a Indian / Kawasaki / Yamaha dealership this Monday ( you'd think it would be slow on a Monday....) -- 50 plus customer cars in the parking lot. Like a ZOO!!

I also watch motorcycle auctions ( 2-3 times) per week that are located throughout the United States and the bikes / ATV's I'm watching are selling briskly and for HIGH prices.

Just my take

Last edited:
Lol! Just got this email...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200522-210442.jpg
    Screenshot_20200522-210442.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 225
I can't speak for motorcycle sales in Texas but this is what is happening in Utah per a 20 + year salesman at a local ( Yamaha / Honda / Polaris ) dealership and my personal observations.

"Our sales in April are it levels we haven't seen since 2006." He told me that he sold 60 units in April and he already above 60 units in May ( as of May 20th.) The local KTM / Husqvarna / Suzuki dealership appears to have the same good fortune.

I'm not sure about BMW / Harley, etc. ( more expensive bikes.)

I was at a Indian / Kawasaki / Yamaha dealership this Monday ( you'd think it would slow on a Monday....) -- 50 plus customer cars in the parking lot. Like a ZOO!!

I also watch motorcycle auctions ( 2-3 times) per week that are located throughout the United States and the bikes / ATV's I'm watching are selling briskly and for HIGH prices.

Just my take
Lol! Just got this email...
Gtimko... this is fantastic, I hope what I read is wrong

Synth...👎 sure doesn't seem to be the right way to sell motorcycles does it?

I talked to the owners at SLM today and they both echoed what you said, claim they just had the best month ever. When I was there it was a steady stream of people in and out the door..

Motorcycle sales are expected to collapse 50% in North America by years end. I will be pleasantly surprised if Yamaha actually unveils the t700 to North America as planned.
Not what I'm seeing or hearing about! Now what my local dealer told me and might fit your prediction is the factories have been shutdown in Europe, not sure about Japan, and soon there will be a significant shortage of new bikes. No bikes, sales will have to drop of course. Might be good for used bike sales.

Synth...[emoji107] sure doesn't seem to be the right way to sell motorcycles does it?

So you would rather have them keep your name on a list without any hope of receiving a bike in the near future? Or no list and let the dealers jack prices up due to supply/demand? I think it is an excellent way to sell.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

If anyone is interested I may back out and have a reservation number and will transfer it.
PM me for details..

1590429575107.png
After looking at more Emails I too got this, and I put my deposit down on Jan 10TH.. ***

Jet Dr:

Do you have an actual claim # from your Yamaha dealer? The reservation # and claim number are completely separate items / numbers.

Jetdr:

I think there may be some confusion ** on the very confusing** way Yamaha allocated these first T700's.

If you would like- Call me @ (972) 672-4740 and I'll explain what I've learned. The gist is - even if you put down a deposit at your local Yamaha dealership sometime ago--- you did not receive a priority.

Greg in Salt Lake City - Lived in Dallas for 33 years

Sounds like African Twin and others when they first came out. . Wait a year maybe less and probably no problem buying off showroom floor. Get the recalls hashed out and might even get a low mileage used one at a big discount. I may be wrong but we will see next spring.

Back