• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yamaha Tenere 700

I play in dirt with one cylinder. I know what you mean.
I would love this for gravel adventure. I'm certainly not in the league as many of you are off-road and mx.

It seems like I destroy my wee strom bike a little more each time I get out on the gravel.

I am loving mine so far. Contemplating what I might want to sell to gain some garage space. ST1300 has already been sold, the old KLR is probably next.

I am loving mine so far. Contemplating what I might want to sell to gain some garage space. ST1300 has already been sold, the old KLR is probably next.
I would think the T-700 would do anything the KLR can do and more. I would like to ride one but purchase will have to wait a couple years.

I would think the T-700 would do anything the KLR can do and more. I would like to ride one but purchase will have to wait a couple years.

It is a little heavier, doesn't have the range of my Gen 1 KLR with an IMS tank, and isn't built to be dropped repeatedly with out sustaining major damage like a Gen 1 KLR is. Everything else the T7 does lots better. The engine is absolutely fanstastic.

That has been a good soldier, but sooner or later all soldiers retire or die. You no longer take it on the trails and I haven't seen you ride it as far as Dallas since you first test rode the Super Ten. It needed a jump that day to get home.

It is a little heavier, doesn't have the range of my Gen 1 KLR with an IMS tank, and isn't built to be dropped repeatedly with out sustaining major damage like a Gen 1 KLR is. Everything else the T7 does lots better. The engine is absolutely fanstastic.
Can we get a photo of your tenere 700?
PlzPlz Plz? Were you the guy I saw at luckenbach a couple months ago that day with the bike?

That's a big statement there knowing how much you love the KLRs.

Can we get a photo of your tenere 700?
PlzPlz Plz? Were you the guy I saw at luckenbach a couple months ago that day with the bike?
06155a8800986d651351351e7a3cad76.jpg

Wasn't me.

Stop the world!!!!!!! Rich Simmons selling his KLR?????? Never gonna happen[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

There was one at Lone Star Yamaha last week in Irving.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back