• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yamaha Tenere 700

Reaction score
Anybody else excitedly waiting for this? Since it will have the MT-07 engine does anyone have experience with the MT-07? Really curious as to how it will be on highway. From all the videos it will be a beast off-road.

Yea!

I'd take those big ol crash bars too (go up nice and high) Soft packs for me however.
Again, Notice the long shifter linkage, kinda strange but for that proven 700 twin, no problemo. I guess it will have tube tires which is a con for me but I guess I can't ask everything from my Unicorn.

Yes, Kool Aid swilling.

Anybody else excitedly waiting for this? Since it will have the MT-07 engine does anyone have experience with the MT-07? Really curious as to how it will be on highway. From all the videos it will be a beast off-road.
Offroad? Define that please.

Offroad? Define that please.
Most of the videos showing the new Tenere 700 are really emphasizing it's dirt and off roading(sand, trails, etc....) capabilities. I'm wondering if it's also refined on the highway. I like my Strom, but it gets a bit buzzy at high speed. Hoping the Tenere may be a bit smoother.

My wee Strom was really smooth on highway. 90 degree opposed cylinders , it don't get much better unless opposed cylinders. Loved the Michelin tires on it.

My wee Strom was really smooth on highway. 90 degree opposed cylinders , it don't get much better unless opposed cylinders. Loved the Michelin tires on it.
It's not bad, but my Triumph much smoother, of course larger parallel twin...

I have a fz07, great engine, should do great on the road, the fz is good up to 100+, and smooth as you want.
I don’t know how big the tank is, but it should be good for 200 miles per tank.

Yawn at this....
Suzuki-SV650-Rally-Oberdan-Bezzi.jpg

....now sumthin like that could tangle with the Tenere 700
Justa concept tho

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

The Tenere 700 holds 4.2 gal
Current SV650 is slightly less at 3.8

The Oberdan Bezzi is justa concept anyway....Suzy...if they decided to produce it...would prob use the current tank if possible to save costs

Last edited:
Ron....your Scrambler is smooth due to the 270° crank firing which mimicks a 90° V twin like the Stroms....& many others

👍🏾 Whatever the reason, it's definitely smooth.

Very cool suzuki, would be very nice in a 450cc or 500cc bike.

I don’t know about that, they make a 250 wee wee Strom, why not tool up for a 400 (same bottom end) or a 500, using the 650 bottom end.

European and other countries have cc restrictions for young riders and certain qualifications to ride larger powered bike. I would say sales forr 250 are better,

Great video, may have one in the future, but for now, waiting on KTM to make an adv bike out of this one.😜😀

Back