• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

you want how much? ...Nope nope nope...

I know I didn't think to remove it the first time I was learning to change tires so I'm sure to point it out. Some of us aren't as smart as others and have to learn the hard way, then when we do learn, we can pass that info along to others so hopefully they don't have to learn the hard way too. ;)
or, like me, forget until AFTER you've done the ratchet strap.

Thanks for the info. I'll try that next time. I just took the tire to the local Kawisaki shop and they seated it for me last time.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm hearing $65-75 a wheel if its on the bike.

WOW, just called my local Harley shop and they said $120 for the front, $125 for the rear.
Local multi line shop wants $60 for a dirt bike tire change OFF the bike. Stealership!

my hands hurt just thinking about changing a tire myself anymore. $20 or $25 off the bike at Ride whenever in Georgetown is fine with me.

Reactions: Vec
I was charged $90 for two tires if I removed them and brought them in. That was Houston Motorcycle Exchange in the Heights. They were nice painted alloy wheels so I paid it. I do have a balancer from Harbor Freight and tire irons and I use those on the Adventure bike with all steel and aluminum NON-painted wheels. They do scratch the rim edges really bad, and would demolish paint. I do not have any of those plastic guards for them. Its not really all that hard to change and balance them if with the irons and manual $30 spin balancer however it will scratch the wheels. You can use a big wood vice to break the bead. I made a video of me doing it on Youtube. Easy peazy.

Reactions: Vec
Back