• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Your favorite ride ever and the bike and who you were with

we had the benefit of Bluetooth intercoms which was a game changer.

I used these for a long trip with my daughter when she was 11. I had read another report by a Dad that had taken his daughter on a long trip and he HIGHLY recommended getting the communicators. I have to agree with him. That ride was really special because of all the great conversations prompted by the events and scenery of the ride. It is definitely in my best rides ever bucket.

Wow! How do you pick one?

One of my fondest was 1975 when my younger brother and I rode my Kawasaki F11 250 "enduro-type" bike.... two-up from Hurst TX to the Labor Day Atoka Country Music Festival on "The beautiful shores of Lake Atoka". Overloaded with two strapping young men and their camping gear, it took us a whole day to ride to Atoka Oklahoma on that little 250.

The 48 Hours of Atoka was a Woodstock styled 3-day concert that featured long-haired musicians that were shying away from rock n roll to the new Progressive Country sound. Red Dirt Cowboy is what they call it now. Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Freddy Fender, David Allan Coe, Jerry Jeff Walker, Jerry Lee Lewis, Jessi Colter, Hoyt Axton, Larry Gatlin, Freddy Weller, Johnny Duncan, Red Stegall and many more provided the entertainment. And even a very young Reba McEntire performed two songs. http://okfronline.com/2017/08/48-hours-in-atoka-remembered/

Fresh from a stint as a US Army draftee, I still had my buzz-head hair cut that was the complete antithesis to my long haired hippie brother. Even though, we still thought we were part of that new progressive movement and were bound to go down in history. Stinky, dirty and dog tired all the way home, little did I realize how much I would remember that brother-bonding trip. Ha!

The last time I was on a bike is my favorite ride.... but that would be my ride to work today. Tonight it will be my ride home work...

BALONEY!!!!

The ride to and from work is NOT the ride you tell me about when we run across each other! Fess-up. Tell us about one of those epic rides! :box:

BALONEY!!!!

The ride to and from work is NOT the ride you tell me about when we run across each other! Fess-up. Tell us about one of those epic rides! :box:

Tonight's ride home from work was epic. The temperature was nice, it wasn't raining, every light but one was green, and no one tried to run me over where 820 and 121 split. I think I am buying a lottery ticket tomorrow.

By myself on a 200cc Bultaco Metralla from Barcelona Spain to Perugia Italy and back in 1968.

Back