• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Your prayers are needed for my recovery.

Curtis

Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Last Name
Johnson
Friday the 15th of this month I fell off the 3rd floor roof of my house onto the concrete patio. Had a safety belt clipped into a safety rope. The belt broke in two without warning. I was headed head first down and by the Grace Of God my right hand was able to get just enough grip on the safety rope, in flight to spin me around to fall feet first.
I landed like a Paratrooper. Knees bent, back arched forward and relaxed. Rolled to the right as I collapsed and my hips hit, then my right shoulder. I slapped the concrete with both arms like they teach you in Judo and skinned the inside of my right elbow pretty bad, but that broke my fall and kept my head from striking the patio.
MRI's & CT's showed I'm fine in my head, shoulders, arms ribs, back and hips! Thank God!

Broke several metatarsal bones in both feet.
5 in my left foot and 2 in my right foot. Several tendons torn loose from the bones. Fractured my fibia on the left leg just below the knee. Might have a hairline in the same place of my fibia of my right leg.

Tuesday I undergo reconstructive surgery of both feet. Plates, screws and bailing wire to get it all back where it should be so it will heal correctly.

I won't lie, the bone breaks are in bad places and will be hard for my surgeon to put right. So pray he brings his "A" game to the O.R.?
After surgery I'll be moved to a nursing care center for 4 to 6 weeks and then be put in a rehab place to teach my feet how to walk again.

I won't lie, it's been painful and we are just getting started. Ive been flat on my back since the accident.

But I heal fast and have a higher than average tolerance for pain. So this is just a big bump in the road. I've been here before, played this game and know the rules well.

My wife has taken it hard. She's only 105 lbs and I easily make 2 of her, weight wise, so that's why I've chosen to go to a nursing center after surgery for my care. Just too much for her to deal with if I were at home.

This means all my projects are on hold for a minimum of 6 months. As it will be a year before I'm back to normal. Well I admit I've never been normal, but back to my normal. Mach 3 with my hair on fire! :)

Dr seems to think my shift foot will heal ok, but will be stiff. May just sell off one of my bikes to make room for a Big Burgman to ride while I'm healing up.

I'm usually not one to draw attention to myself, but this one has really taken its toll on my general attitude. Just bummed out a lot!
We just finished remodeling our house on Thursday and decided to go replace a few shingles that had gotten blown off in that last storm.

It was a stupid accident and I should have looked at that belt closer before I put my life in it.

Financially we are good, so don't worry about that. Lots of great insurance picking up most if the tab. You guys who know me will be a welcome sight from time to time as I literally get back on my feet.

Keep me in your thoughts and drop in when you can.

I'll let Ya'll know how it went after the drugs wear off.

Curtis

wow ... prayers engaged.

Great job on saving your own life. Praying for you and your Dr.

Prayers sent.

I've always said the most useful thing I learned in 25 years of martial arts training was not how to beat people up, but rather how to fall well.

Judo is great for that, it might have just saved your life.

Hope you heal well and fast.

Best wishes Curtis! I've experienced a little darkest before dawn moments my self. Thanks for letting us know about this, we will all send our healing thoughts to you!

Believing for healing. God is all about restoration. When He took the dirt of the earth and formed man and breathed life into him and said very good., Part of this creation is a body that has an immune system that heals the body. The surgeon will set your bones and what was created in Gods image will heal and be restored to heath. When its time a good iron supplement should be taken. God bless you Curtis.

Attachments

• iron supplement.jpg
    iron supplement.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Wow... as bad as it seems, it could certainly have gone a LOT worse! I'll be praying for you to have patience as I know being off your feet for extended periods of time can drive you bonkers! My Doctor friend says he tells all his patients that are 50 and over that ladders and roofs are off limits :-P

Thank God you are telling the story, what an scary experience.
Hope all goes well with the surgery, you seem to know what to expect and best of luck in the recovery.
I like others here will be thinking about you.

Like a cat with 9 lives man. God has you covered, you got the right attitude, do what the nurses say most of the time and you'll be tap dancing the wiggly lines again before you know it.
Keep us posted, don't know if Rhome is anywhere near my zip code but if I'm up your way I'll check in.
Dave.

Praying for you and your wife Curtis. We are close by so if yall need anything or your wife needs any help in your absence let me know.

Prayers for healing, and for your family during this time. Been down a similar road in some ways.

Wow sorry to hear about your accident. Broken bones are not at all fun so prayers sent for complete recovery. I have to ask were you hanging Christmas lights.

Wow sorry to hear about your accident. Broken bones are not at all fun so prayers sent for complete recovery. I have to ask were you hanging Christmas lights.
Tuesday I undergo reconstructive surgery of both feet. Plates, screws and bailing wire to get it all back where it should be so it will heal correctly.
it's going to be a while before he can recover to get back on this site.
I believe he mentioned he was working on shingles.

Friday the 15th of this month I fell off the 3rd floor roof of my house onto the concrete patio. Had a safety belt clipped into a safety rope. The belt broke in two without warning. I was headed head first down and by the Grace Of God my right hand was able to get just enough grip on the safety rope, in flight to spin me around to fall feet first.
I landed like a Paratrooper. Knees bent, back arched forward and relaxed. Rolled to the right as I collapsed and my hips hit, then my right shoulder. I slapped the concrete with both arms like they teach you in Judo and skinned the inside of my right elbow pretty bad, but that broke my fall and kept my head from striking the patio.
MRI's & CT's showed I'm fine in my head, shoulders, arms ribs, back and hips! Thank God!

Broke several metatarsal bones in both feet.
5 in my left foot and 2 in my right foot. Several tendons torn loose from the bones. Fractured my fibia on the left leg just below the knee. Might have a hairline in the same place of my fibia of my right leg.

I won't lie, the bone breaks are in bad places and will be hard for my surgeon to put right. So pray he brings his "A" game to the O.R.?
After surgery I'll be moved to a nursing care center for 4 to 6 weeks and then be put in a rehab place to teach my feet how to walk again.

I won't lie, it's been painful and we are just getting started. Ive been flat on my back since the accident.

But I heal fast and have a higher than average tolerance for pain. So this is just a big bump in the road. I've been here before, played this game and know the rules well.

My wife has taken it hard. She's only 105 lbs and I easily make 2 of her, weight wise, so that's why I've chosen to go to a nursing center after surgery for my care. Just too much for her to deal with if I were at home.

This means all my projects are on hold for a minimum of 6 months. As it will be a year before I'm back to normal. Well I admit I've never been normal, but back to my normal. Mach 3 with my hair on fire! :)

Dr seems to think my shift foot will heal ok, but will be stiff. May just sell off one of my bikes to make room for a Big Burgman to ride while I'm healing up.

I'm usually not one to draw attention to myself, but this one has really taken its toll on my general attitude. Just bummed out a lot!
We just finished remodeling our house on Thursday and decided to go replace a few shingles that had gotten blown off in that last storm.

It was a stupid accident and I should have looked at that belt closer before I put my life in it.

Financially we are good, so don't worry about that. Lots of great insurance picking up most if the tab. You guys who know me will be a welcome sight from time to time as I literally get back on my feet.

Keep me in your thoughts and drop in when you can.

I'll let Ya'll know how it went after the drugs wear off.

Curtis

Chatted with Curtis this afternoon and he is doing well. Surgery went excellent and he is recovering for a few days at the surgery center before being transferred. I will not steal to much of his thunder and let him fill in the details once he can get back on the site. He appreciated everyone's prayers.

Thanks Mike for the introduction and the call Bud!
Surgery went well. People would text me before the surgery and say "Praying for you" and my natural response was "Pray for my Surgeon. Pray he has a great nights rest and experiences the best day in surgery he has ever had in his career. And that his Surgical Team has an EPIC day of surgery that make the History books of their miracle they perform on me."

And In God's funny way of standing up and saying "Hey I got this." My wife tells my when my Surgeon came out to talk to her after a 5 hour surgery his exact words wore. "I had the Best Day! His Surgery went perfect and God had my hands on this one.
No Issues at all and it went smooth! I have every confidence he is going to heal just fine.

After Surgery was challenging. The pain meds were too strong and I ended up hosing my lunch al over my bed and part of the floor.(Yea Too much information) But tonight we have cut down the pain meds to a point of a dull pain in both feet. I can sleep with this level pretty easy.

So, it's bad, but not so bad I can't deal with it. Rehab I'm told is going to be tough. But I used to be into body building in my 40's and the 50's. I've already got my PT girl believing she's not going to have too hard of a time. Lots of upper body strength. So I ain't skeered.

I do appreciate ya"ll prayers. I firmly believe they make a difference.
too many miracle

Back