• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Your prayers are needed for my recovery.

That is awesome news! :clap:

I have the same problem with the pain meds. By the time they are strong enough to kill the pain, I am super nauseous. They also tend to wire me up so I can't sleep and they make my skin feel like it is trying to crawl off of me :eek2: So I end up taking as little as possible just to take the edge off the pain.

Rehab is the right choice. My wife had double knee replacement a couple of weeks ago, and her rehab stay really helped. Heal quickly!

Good news. Now we need to see The X-rays. Scars are cool by the way. Chicks dig scars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It all sounds painful, physically/mentally. Glad things are looking very postitive for you. đź‘Ť

Good news. Now we need to see The X-rays. Scars are cool by the way. Chicks dig scars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Well here ya go. Before and after of the left foot first.

Attachments

• 20191120_090819.jpg
    20191120_090819.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 390
  • 20191128_084559.jpg
    20191128_084559.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 375
Glad the surgery went well. I’ll be praying the recovery goes even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just saw this thread, and will pray for you as well as are all these others with God's 800 number. Sounds like things are going great so far.

No Advil (or the generic) while recovering...it slows down the bones knitting - DAMHIK

No Advil (or the generic) while recovering...it slows down the bones knitting - DAMHIK

That's good to know. I am holding my own now going on 48 hours without any pain meds. None! Not even Advil.

Physical Therapy started off rough. They expected a 68 year old invalid at first, but instead got the Grandson of Superman.
I finally convinced them the only thing that doesn't work on me is my feet. They have finally adapted to the fact I can out press and out workout most 48 year old healthy men.
Example: they wanted to see if I could do 3 pushups. I gave them 40 for a warmup. Was headed for 50, but the PT stopped me. My plan is to leave this place with my old muscle tone I had when I was 48.
But I am about as bored as one can get. I don't watch a lot of TV, I build motorcycles and stuff at home. And I can't sleep well on theses crummy mattresses. Hence this 3AM post.

Dr visit went Ok. A little infection and I got to see my Dr's knitting skills.

Attachments

• 20191203_111518.jpg
    20191203_111518.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 358
  • 20191203_111338.jpg
    20191203_111338.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 364
Speed on brother. I am no stranger to the pain. Last time on major pain meds, open heart surgery Oct 2018, I awoke at 2:30 am convinced I had been in a truck wreck in St Louis (no kidding, and I'm in a Dallas hospital). Next night I awoke convinced I had won the lottery ( Hey I can go with that one), before we finally figured out I was having great drug induced delusions.

Well, it time for another update. It's been 2 weeks since my surgery and I have a Dr's Apointment today at 2.
I am hoping he will remove the stitches as they are rubbing the wrapping he has around my feet now and getting very irratated. My foot swelling has gone down to almost back to normal. I was told it would take 6 to 8 week for the bones to heal, so that means I'm only a third of the way there. ARRRGGGGGG!

Then there's the learning the muscles to walk again! Another 8 weeks. But with luck I should be able to go home and have a PT drop by the house for those. Fingers Crossed!

My Ocupational and Physical Therapist have finally accepted the fact that I am not their normal 68 year old. They are finally letting me tell them what excersizes I need and they are suggesting others to work areas I will need once released. Which is a big change. Can you imagine having a Professional Therapist bringing you a 10 lb barbell and asking you to hold it out extended to 10 seconds? I laughed and asked for a 30 lb barbell because that's what I use at home everyday while I'm waiting on my computer screen to change. Living in the Country means slow Internet sometimes, so I have 2- 30lb handweights I will pump for fun for hours. They don't have any bigger than 10 lbs and holding 2 is frowned upon here!

I have been overwhelmed with everyones Prayers and best Wishes. Humbling!
My Church Family from Trophy Club Curch of Christ have really made sure I don''t have a day without a visit from somebody.

Then there are my guy friends. Most of my best friends are Cops, and that had led to some funny stories when they visit in uniform.
One came in in his Tactical Uniform fully strapped and demanding to be led to my room, with an air of "I'm going to arrest him" attitude. The lady at the front desk almost had a heart attack. I even had one Respiratory Therapist try to warn me he was coming before he found me. I was eating lunch in the lunch room and he sat next to me, all cop like, for a minute before we both busted out laughing with people waiting so see me cuffed and stuffed.

My other Cop Buddy did something simular, and by then the place was wondering if they wanted to be in a place with Cops watching me and trying to figure out if I'm some kind of criminal or Undercover Cop. My hair was real long and I had a beard like an Undercover Cop when I got here, but laying in bed made keeping the tangles out of the hair was a losing battle, so I cut the ponytail off and shaved last Saturday. I still get a lot of strange looks by the other Residents when I'm rolling through the halls in my wheelchair. Oh and Apparently wheelies are frowned upon here too! Was told I was a bad influence on the other Old People.

Trying to hold up my end of the Two Wheel Texan spirit here.

And for the record , a note for my Friday night group, they don't serve Ice Cream here!
I have to order out my Whataburger shakes and Papa Johns Pizzas.

I'll post up my Dr visit results later today when I get time. Keep me in your Prayers. They are working!

Last edited:
All Right! Dr.s visit in the bag.
It went well, he is atill happy with it. Says it's swelling has gone down a bunch, but has more to go.
But isn't concerned that it's all gone.
He pulled the stitches, which has made an amazing difference. No MORE ITCHING.
And he washed my feet and re wrapped them.
Wants me back next Thrusday so he can put them in cast.
Then 4 to 6 weeks of thise then 4 to 6 weeks of walking boots.

After that then I start Physical Therapy to learn how to walk again.
Played this game before, so it's no big deal.

Here's the pictures from today including the right.

Attachments

• 20191210_175726.jpg
    20191210_175726.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 349
  • 20191210_180130.jpg
    20191210_180130.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 337
I remember getting my cast changed when I had ankle surgery. When the nurse removed the cast and wiped my foot with a wet wipe, I almost needed a cigarette! :lol2:

I wonder how many of those rehab patients were trying to slip out the back dough when the cops showed up :lol2:

Friday the 15th of this month I fell off the 3rd floor roof of my house onto the concrete patio. Had a safety belt clipped into a safety rope. The belt broke in two without warning. I was headed head first down and by the Grace Of God my right hand was able to get just enough grip on the safety rope, in flight to spin me around to fall feet first.
I landed like a Paratrooper. Knees bent, back arched forward and relaxed. Rolled to the right as I collapsed and my hips hit, then my right shoulder. I slapped the concrete with both arms like they teach you in Judo and skinned the inside of my right elbow pretty bad, but that broke my fall and kept my head from striking the patio.
MRI's & CT's showed I'm fine in my head, shoulders, arms ribs, back and hips! Thank God!

Broke several metatarsal bones in both feet.
5 in my left foot and 2 in my right foot. Several tendons torn loose from the bones. Fractured my fibia on the left leg just below the knee. Might have a hairline in the same place of my fibia of my right leg.

Tuesday I undergo reconstructive surgery of both feet. Plates, screws and bailing wire to get it all back where it should be so it will heal correctly.

I won't lie, the bone breaks are in bad places and will be hard for my surgeon to put right. So pray he brings his "A" game to the O.R.?
After surgery I'll be moved to a nursing care center for 4 to 6 weeks and then be put in a rehab place to teach my feet how to walk again.

I won't lie, it's been painful and we are just getting started. Ive been flat on my back since the accident.

But I heal fast and have a higher than average tolerance for pain. So this is just a big bump in the road. I've been here before, played this game and know the rules well.

My wife has taken it hard. She's only 105 lbs and I easily make 2 of her, weight wise, so that's why I've chosen to go to a nursing center after surgery for my care. Just too much for her to deal with if I were at home.

This means all my projects are on hold for a minimum of 6 months. As it will be a year before I'm back to normal. Well I admit I've never been normal, but back to my normal. Mach 3 with my hair on fire! :)

Dr seems to think my shift foot will heal ok, but will be stiff. May just sell off one of my bikes to make room for a Big Burgman to ride while I'm healing up.

I'm usually not one to draw attention to myself, but this one has really taken its toll on my general attitude. Just bummed out a lot!
We just finished remodeling our house on Thursday and decided to go replace a few shingles that had gotten blown off in that last storm.

It was a stupid accident and I should have looked at that belt closer before I put my life in it.

Financially we are good, so don't worry about that. Lots of great insurance picking up most if the tab. You guys who know me will be a welcome sight from time to time as I literally get back on my feet.

Keep me in your thoughts and drop in when you can.

I'll let Ya'll know how it went after the drugs wear off.

Curtis
I'm glad you called

Curtis making a break from rehab. He was busted by the PT.

52175873c5707e25f89b55a49567e831.jpg

Prayers for Curtis’s recovery, but also for the staff. [emoji23]

Curtis was in good spirits and working hard to keep the staff on their toes.

Here he was discussing with the PTs the best method for him to get into and out of the car. I think he won the discussion. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Godspeed in your recovery Curtis.
You don't know me but I've been through a bunch of stuff too, so I can relate to some of what you are going through.
Put me down as another supporter from the TWT clan, wishing you all the best.

If you like audio books or movies give me a bit of a guideline and I can send you some.

Back