• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Your prayers are needed for my recovery.

Well its not like flying is more dangerous than roofing. And if I go with this new hobby it will be as safe as me riding a motorcycle. Been known to fall down riding my bikes too ya know!
These things are the rage in Europe because they are much safer than fixed wing lightweight airplanes.
This is the one I'm looking at buying. It's wider in the cabin than a Cessna 182. Cruises at 125 mph, burns 4 gallons per hour and hold 15 gallons. You do the math.

Not to mention a 600 lb payload capability.

Attachments

• 2020-01-06-21-28-39-904160281.jpeg
    2020-01-06-21-28-39-904160281.jpeg
    3 KB · Views: 337
Pack it up and fly on over and camp out ; I have a nice landing pad. You're about 200 miles away. Nice little flight.

Pad? or Runway. Gyros will land like helicopter, kinda, but have to have at least a short runway to take off of.
Tha'ts the beauty of them. They can land in 50 ft with an engine out, should it quit. But otherwise fly like an airplane.
Even better in bumpy air than a light aircraft. The rotors chop up the turbulance before it get to the cabin, rather than bounce over it like a fixed wing. Plus they can be parked in a one car garage.

I was considering one of these several years ago. In the early 80s I built a Subaru stroker motor for a customers home built plane. We became good friends and rode many a mile together on motorcycle rides. He got the bug for one of these and had me convinced to join him.
He crashed and was killed before I purchased mine. No one seems to know what happened except he was taking off and lost control at about 50ft of the ground. him being an experienced experimental aircraft pilot it was a bit shocking to me. I don’t think they are any more dangerous than riding a motorcycle, we have all been there.
Since that is my one and only experience with them I’m a bit gun shy.

Glad you are home and feeling better, wishing you a speedy recovery from this point.

A quick update. Finally not restricted to the wheelchair. On crutches and wearing soft strap on cast for the next 4 weeks. Gonna take a bit longer. Dr said he's keeping me restricted for 2 reasons. 1 the breaks were really bad. And 2 he knows me well enough, that if he gives me an inch on my feet I'll walk a mile. So far just short walks across the house. That's about all my knees will agree to.
Gonna get there, just not yet.

A quick update. Finally not restricted to the wheelchair. On crutches and wearing soft strap on cast for the next 4 weeks. Gonna take a bit longer. Dr said he's keeping me restricted for 2 reasons. 1 the breaks were really bad. And 2 he knows me well enough, that if he gives me an inch on my feet I'll walk a mile. So far just short walks across the house. That's about all my knees will agree to.
Gonna get there, just not yet.
Glad to hear you are making progress.

I was thinking about you the other day. Keep working and we'll keep praying.

I appreciate everyone's prayer in my behalf.
I had my viral Dr. visit yesterday, and he has released me to start more intense PT workouts.
I can now strap on my (name brand) running shoes and start teaching my feet to walk again. Hobbled up to my gym this morning and stepped on the elliptical and the Stairmaster for 3 minutes each to test my flexibility. Will wait to see how the feet react to that easy workout and my walking around the house in shoes this weekend before I start the 9 tails flogging of them.

Did a lot better than I thought I would, so Monday I will start doing "2 a days". Gradually building up the weights and intinsity. I will work out on my cable weight workout machine and do elliptical and treadmill workouts starting out slow until I get full use of my feet again. I do have some concern that my left knee will not co-operate too willingly, but we will see. As you can imagine I've gained a lot of unwanted weight, I want to shed by summer.

It's only been 5 1/2 months, but I'm tickled that this Nightmare is almost over. Of course there will still be a lot of pain as I stretch out the tendons, build up muscle strength and regrow capilliaries. Tylenol will only be taken at night for sleeping, as I need them.

I am sure your prayer help make this blessing poissible. Thank you ALL.

That is awesome news! That is amazing progress for only 5-1/2 months :thumb:

Thanks Scott! I agree that 5.5 months for the breaks I suffered is a quick heal. I've always been a quick healer.
I did have to agree to no sky diving for at least a year! And the wife is not going to let me on another ladder, ever!

Good news hopefully we can close the book on this and begin writing a new story. :thumb:

Was it you that was talking about a gyrocopter? That sounds interesting

Yea that is me. Sadly I lost my gyro money in the stock market crash. Hoping to gain it all back plus some. Then I'll buy one. Doing my part of suffering, in more ways than one.

Yea that is me. Sadly I lost my gyro money in the stock market crash. Hoping to gain it all back plus some. Then I'll buy one. Doing my part of suffering, in more ways than one.
Most people have lost 25 to 33% of their portfolios. (Myself included) doesn't mean anything unless we sell.

I totally agree. The only chnge i did on my investments is added buying more of certain buisness that were dealing with Virus Equipment manufacturing. Not being greedy, just want to hep them with their financial needs to take action to save the World.

I totally agree. The only chnge i did on my investments is added buying more of certain buisness that were dealing with Virus Equipment manufacturing. Not being greedy, just want to hep them with their financial needs to take action to save the World.
I had cash available and I have bought in. Us medical equipment devices ETF was one of them. I was also thinking about transportation

As they say Buy Low sell high this is the time to invest. Just hard thing to do

Still have you on my mind. Keep yourself safe. Almost typed "sane" instead of "safe", but I know better.

Gyros are fun and easy. Take lessons from a good instructor because they are neither fixed wing nor rotary, and certainly not both, but they will do a little of each repertoire.

Back