• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Youth beginner ride areas near Georgetown, TX

sigeye

Reaction score
Hello,

My 4 year old daughter has been ripping around on her 16" Stacyc for the last 1.5 years, and now she has been surprised with her first dirt bike. She's got a CRF50 and I'm trying to find the best place for us to go hone her skills on her new ride.

I'm hoping for help to identify some ride location options near Georgetown. More interested in trail riding and not so much in track. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Spoaks is probably the most friendly in the area but they don't have a very good bail out network, for the most part you're committed to the entire 7 mile loop as the few break-off right aways don't offer much of a short cut out of there. I have never been to Murphy's but from what I hear their 3-4 miles of trails are fairly mild as well.

CTOR is very close. Saturday morning seems to have the most kids and Dads.

If I lived closer I'd join out there. I still miss Brunes Mills like crazy, I hate that there's nothing closer to me.

Creekside MX has a really nice kids bike track and a very easy but short woods loop (like maybe 1/2 mile) that would be very
beginner friendly.

We have lots of families who bring their kids to ride the kids loop and open field at Zars Ranch as well

Spoaks has a couple kid tracks by the main parking area where she can putt around and get comfortable. There’s also a new turn track and a grassy XC area to the right of the entrance. My kids and I go there often and never touch the mx track. That’s for crazy people. :)

CTOR is kid friendly on the flat part that circles the parking area. When you climb the hill and go on the backside is where it becomes more challenging. I'd recommend CTOR since a parent can assist anywhere needed on the front track area.

Back