• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Zero Adv Bike?

Reaction score
First Name
David
I'm still not interested,.......yet. 243867

Zero is claiming 204 miles on a full charge. With the ability to gain 94 miles of range for every hour plugged in. I'm sure that 94 comes from being plugged into a "level 2" charger, not just a standard 110 plug.

So if that 204 miles can be obtained at hwy speeds that's not too bad...about 3 hrs and you have a forced break. The downside is the charge time to get the next 200....I guess extended lunch ....

I have no doubt that there are adventure riders out there that would be perfectly happy with a 200 mile range. That makes for a nice day of riding with plenty of time for stopping and seeing the sights along the way or on each end. Finding a place to charge would be the biggest issue. Not ALL adventure riders do the monster mile days in the middle of nowhere. So I would say this is a good start! The next step might be to design riding gear that acts as a solar panel and can be plugged into the bike to charge as you ride :-P

That's still how I feel about it.....it's a good start. The market will dictate when EVs have enough range at the right price.

Are you saying this as an ex owner of two Zero bikes? I may be out of date with your current stable haha.
I am. Fun bikes. No range. Their specs lie. It won't go 200 miles at road speeds.

If they get to the point where they can actually go 200 miles at a usable speed, I might check them out again. Battery tech needs a leap forward for these bikes to make more sense. Right now they are expensive commuter scooters. Good for a short drive to work and back at a slow pace, but that's about it.

Back