• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Zumo 396 and XT on sale

Santa gave me an XT ! Now I need to learn how to use it, and figure out mounts. Apparently it can run 4 hours without a charge. So I will try it that way first. Also useful for my Corvette, my 2015 does not have nav.

Score!

bbRe0Pi.jpg

I installed the Garmin Zumo XT and Vanasche GPS mount last night, it was not exactly the most fun install ever lol. I am excited to finally have a dedicated nav system onboard, it'll come in handy for solo travel.

zcqmg7x.jpg

QoDtTzy.jpg

HM99dQC.jpg

8Cr4Etc.jpg

I installed the Garmin Zumo XT and Vanasche GPS mount last night, it was not exactly the most fun install ever lol. I am excited to finally have a dedicated nav system onboard, it'll come in handy for solo travel.

View attachment 310969
View attachment 310970
View attachment 310971
View attachment 310972
Looks good!

I thought I did a great job with my install until I went for a New Years ride and realize my auxiliary outlet isn’t working. I did something to mess it up! ;)

Looks good!

I thought I did a great job with my install until I went for a New Years ride and realize my auxiliary outlet isn’t working. I did something to mess it up! ;)

Thanks, I am happy with how it turned out.

I am not surprised that yours isn't working as the extra wires stuffed into the housing likely bumped the connection. I had mine all buttoned back up only to find that the entire aux charger housing was loose from the headlight assembly, I guess it got pushed through when I shoved the headlight back in. I had to disassemble the entire headlight assembly once again to get the aux housing back in haha, what a ****!

Thanks, I am happy with how it turned out.

I am not surprised that yours isn't working as the extra wires stuffed into the housing likely bumped the connection. I had mine all buttoned back up only to find that the entire aux charger housing was loose from the headlight assembly, I guess it got pushed through when I shoved the headlight back in. I had to disassemble the entire headlight assembly once again to get the aux housing back in haha, what a ****!
Did you take the whole housing apart? I only did enough to allow it to split open from the top and pop the light out. It was pretty easy. Minus my messing it up.

You guys are way ahead of me. I did get the Garmin Express app loaded on my home Mac and Drive App on my iPhone.
After a restart of my Mac it did use the Express to update the Software. Now, maybe, it is updating maps? I can't tell.

The Garmin itself is showing a Garmin/express language and a brown connection to a PC? Is it downloading maps?

I dont know. Do I just let it sit? I don't know. I guess tomorrow I will call Garmin for help?

Using Garmin Express, it took four cycles to update maps.

Looks like I am ready to try the navigation. Will use it in my Vette first to get feel, then connect to my Guzzi.
I have a USB hub connection unit for the bike. Need to figure out mount.

I've been logging into my Garmin Explore page which controls my InReach and I can easily drag and drop GPX files and they automatically populate on the XT under tracks, I can do the same via the app on my phone on the go. So far it has been an effortless experience and I am very happy with the setup.

I've been logging into my Garmin Explore page which controls my InReach and I can easily drag and drop GPX files and they automatically populate on the XT under tracks, I can do the same via the app on my phone on the go. So far it has been an effortless experience and I am very happy with the setup.

Well,

After opening my XT I got for Christmas and updating the maps and software I have done nothing with it. I did ride the Guzzi today. WX has been pretty much awful in Houston area. Looks like Guzzi Garmin install will be pretty easy. MV looks like a not happening?

I need to look up Garmin Explore (install on Mac?) and what is InReach and what is a GPX file? Luddite here. But I have the goal of some Garmin competence.

Do you consult on Garmin help?

Register an account at www.explore.garmin.com, it'll likely have you register your Zūmo XT to the account. InReach is a separate Garmin product (they put one in the Montana 700) that is a satellite tracker and communicator and EPIRB. GPX files are what you upload into a GPS for predetermined routes and tracks, upload them and simply follow the track or route. Register at www.advtracks.online and you will have access to lots of free GPX track files, you can share yours there as well.

Interesting, I was completely unhappy with explore and removed all traces of it. Glad someone out there likes it.

Installed on Guzzi today. Now I need to learn how to use it. Need to reset some settings on the bike since I disconnected the battery.
Gotta pull out the manual, Luigi in Mandello never makes anything easy or logical.

Attachments

• IMG_2826.jpeg
    IMG_2826.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 90
Back