• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Zur Autobahn - German Restaurant, Meridian, TX on Hwy 22

Reaction score
First Name
Patricia
Homemade German food with homemade cakes

Front.JPG
Restaurant_innen_small.jpg
Cakes.jpg

Where: On Hwy22, 7 miles west of Meridian and 7 miles east of Cranfills Gap. West of the intersection of FM2136 and Hwy22. About 70 miles sw of Ft.Worth and 40 miles nw of Waco.

Watch out for the times. Lunch is Friday - Sunday 11 - 2 pm and Dinner is Wed. - Saturday 5 - 9 pm. If you get there before they close, they usually will stay open though.

Parking is on hard dirt with some asphalt on the opposite side of the road or on hard gravel directly by the restaurant. Kickstand plates are recommended but so far, no bike has had a problem yet.

The place is small and run by a couple of people. If you are in a group larger than 6, call prior to heading out there just to give a heads up. (254) 597 2500

For more info, check out the website: http://www.zurautobahn.com/

Also check out this road, which starts right before the restaurant. http://twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10189

Some more up-close pics of some of the cakes. If you want a specific one, check for availability as she rotates through several ones every day:

Tort.JPG

Strusel1.jpg

They have great food! :eat: I personally recommend the Strusel! :drool:

Skid

This isn't a good location for a pie run. The resturant is too small to seat that many people. However if you are riding around with a few people, it would be a great place to stop for a bite to eat.

Skid

The restaurant only seats up to 32. :eat:

It would have to be a local small pie run. Not sure if that is possible anymore with TWT. :lol2:

No kiddin' they seem to be quite large nowadays..

Ha.. We would have to do it by region. :scratch:
dFW, Centex, Houston, Austin.

no poachin' !! :eat:

Dang, reading that menu makes me hungry. I love good German food! Ah heck, who am I kidding - I just love to eat! :lol2: The prices look very reasonable too. That's definitely a restaurant I'll check out next time I'm in that neck of the woods.

Faylaricia said:
Also check out this road, which starts right before the restaurant. http://twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10189
There are quite a few nice roads around there. :thumb:

I spent many weekends exploring the area when I used to garage my bike at my sister's house just north of Bryan. The terrain's not quite as rugged as the Hill Country farther to the south but it's still very pretty, especially during spring.

...Click on the linky thinking "Autobahn"...something speedy...you folks and your stomachs...tsk,tsk.

Squidward said:
I'll have to go check that place out. I'm a fan of this happenin' German eatery in Fort Worth http://www.edelweissrestaurant.com/

Heard good things about it but never been there. It is a Bavarian Restaurant. Zur Autobahn is run by people from Hessia, and out of the town of Ruesselsheim (Frankfurt area), which is the home of Opel, the German GM.

Went down and ate there just this past sunday.

Food was good :eat:
Service was good :clap:
Atmosphere was very German!

Roads around the area are just fabulous too :rider:

Ditto on eating there this last sunday:eat:

Roads are great all around there to ride one. Lotsa hills, lotsa bugs but little traffic! Good food, good atmosphere, GREAT desserts

Hey Patricia, I had lunch at your mom's place today. The jagerschnitzel was very good and the plum streusel was great! There were only two people there when I got there. They left and two more came in. It was like I was sitting in my friend Ursula's kitchen in Germany.
I got a kick out of watching Connie go about her business humming along with the music.
Great food, great service.
Thanks!

I have been trying to get back there again.

Plan on the Friday after Thanksgiving... :rider::eat::rider:

Back