• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ZX14R SE

saikhan

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
ZX14-SE-2_zpsde1bc3b6.jpg

I just bought one :)

I pick it up tomorrow just after lunch. Ride reports to follow:)

Actually I have to travel about 500ks south to pick it up from the dealership, so the first day will probably be a ride report.

I still have the DRZ and have been incredibly slack with the ride reports and photos, ( they just all seemed the same to me ). this should shake things up.

I miss my 07 Zx14, its a freakin rocketship and great long distance commuter. I couldnt imagine how fast they are with the newer bigger motor. I had a Sargent cycle seat which made a world of difference.....have fun, be safe, respect the throttle

Very nice! I was finishing up a ride report from a recent trip today and got to thinking that I had not seen anything from you in a while. Glad you are still visiting the site and I certainly look forward to more reports now that you have a new ride!

Hey Scott, I just noticed my forum support was cancelled.

It cancels and restarts every month. But this time it didn't restart. I just redid it again.

Or possibly I've just doubled it lol.

Last edited:
I still have the DRZ, the reason the ride reports have been slow (lets say non existant ) was just me being slack I think. So, I never make new year resolutions, however this year the ride report rate will increase substantially. Thats the plan anyway.

Hey Scott, I just noticed my forum support was cancelled.

It cancels and restarts every month. But this time it didn't restart. I just redid it again.

Or possibly I've just doubled it lol.

:tab I cannot cancel them on my end. So it was either a long term subscription, like a one year term, simply ending without being renewed, or it could be that a monthly auto renewing subscription was terminated by PayPal because of a funding source issue (like credit card info changing, renewing, etc,...). Either way, thanks for the past support and for renewing :thumb:

:tab If I see that you doubled it, I will let you know so you can kill one of them.

Very nice,
I miss my earth rotating, hyperspace, warp speed, time traveling ZX14. My favorite motorcycle ever. :clap:

Congratulations, man! What an amazing machine. I am very much looking forward to your initial impression of what it's like to ride this beast! I have had the chance to ride a couple of 'Busa's, and that was unlike anything I have ever experienced. Especially the first ride. It definitely left a huge impression on me!

Well, I have nearly 1000 Ks on the bike now and it's booked in for its first service next Wednesday. I didn't post any thoughts earlier because I was so impressed initially that I didn't want to come on here waxing lyrical about how great this or that was. However, I know it is only the first 1k and I am still running it in.
But this thing is **** near perfect, there I said it.

As I think I posted earlier, I picked the bike up from Maroochydore, about 500ks away to the south. I left the shop and went for a bit of a familiarisation ride ( read got lost completely) before heading home. My whole trip home took seven hours. This brings me to the seat, I felt zero pain or anything akin to discomfort. I have been riding the drz for 2 years so I may have rendered all my nether region nerves lifeless, but this seat is brilliant.

I am 6/2 and I feel like I am sitting in the bike. I don't like sitting upright on bikes anymore as this causes discomfort or tightness in my lower back. The sportier position is perfect for me. I have been riding a GXSR1k for the last couple of months ( a friends) and I find that to be an instrument of torture. The ZX14 seems to be in between.

Feels lighter than my bandit, despite being about 30ks heavier and handles better, goes waaaay quicker and the seat's more comfortable. The seat is really that good, for my butt anyway. Fitting accessories looks like it may be a chore, but I haven't looked into it fully.

The TCS on lvl 3 is just annoying. Seriously I thought there was something wrong with the bike ( never had TCS before). I stopped and switched it to 1 and all good now.

The brakes are superb, that is all. The rear could be better, but may improve.

The levers are awful. They are good quality and do the job , but i have ordered others already.

I will comment on the suspension after I have dialled it in for my weight.

I have had a lot of bikes and I have never been this impressed. Kawasaki stated this bike was there flagship model and I believe they have backed this up with attention to detail and excellent fit and finish. Having reread that , it sounds like I'm getting paid for this post. :)

I'm just rapt :)

Last edited:
Man this sounds good. It feels so good to know that you made the right choice. There are so many to choose from out there it's really hard. Glad you seem to have gotten it right. So really, how much did they pay you to write this? :rofl: I Keed, I keed!!

There is a gentleman on another forum that got one and he loves it. And another friend of mine surprised the crap outta me and picked one up right about the same time you did. And he loves his.
I have always loved Hayabusa's and swore that one day I would have one. But the more I see of and read about the ZX, the more I am thinking I may have to re-think it and go with the 14R. That is unless Suzuki does something drastic like a radical re-style, re-engine or finally comes out with that Hyper-tourer I have been screaming at them to build.

And I have to agree with you on the levers. Why do OEM levers suck so bad? :lol2: I hate mine too and will be replacing them when I can. If I didn't have higher priority things to do first they would have been done already, but I'll be addressing that situation soon. Gonna get some Pazzo's. Not shorties, either. I like the regular length levers, even if sometimes I only use 2 fingers. Personal preference, I guess. But I digress. So glad the 14R is working out.

Yes, still very impressed. As some on here know, the first one pictured above, got taken out by a flying motorcycle. However, the insurance company sent me a nice new one. In total for both bikes, I have 22000ks on ZX14Rs. I am heading of on the 14th for a 2000k ride incorporating a lot of the mountain areas in the south of my state.

Back