• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Know of an easy starter road?

Flattrack62

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My wife is ready to get out on the road on her TW200 and of course it needs to be a non busy road with a speed limit of <45mph. We have been running around the county roads up here where we live out of Jewett but she is ready for a little more.:clap:

Does anyone know of any good roads between Houston and Buffalo that isn't too busy with 18 wheeler traffic etc?

Thanks
Ronnie:clap:

FM 831 between Buffalo and Oakwood is a blast. The speed limit is 70mph, but there is rarely much traffic. It is a very nice and scenic ride.

I would also guess that FM's 1512, 1469 and 1146 West of Jewitt would be good. They don't really go anywhere, so only local traffic is likely to be on them. They are probably also 70 mph, but I don't know for sure.

Ping Hardy Baker, he lives in Marquez and probably knows every back road in that neck of the woods.

Real nice fellow, Hardy is.

Back