• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin Area Urban Dual Sport Rides

One of the most fun rides we had in a while!! *We started out at Area 51 and ran into a few guys on two strokes. The trails were moist but we had great traction, even up the hill of doom.
15730126018_8f870a6a2e_c.jpg

Later, after checking out another area, we ran into mechanical issues and I got to tow vinny a mile or so to a gas station using an old rubber hose with fiddy running interference with traffic, that was a sight!

Later, me and fiddy took the back roads up to to RR and hit the trails there. We just missed Jake I guess but had a great time. My mistake was stopping in the water to take a pic, the bike went down seconds later on some slippery rocks.
15916935542_e061db538d_c.jpg

Finally, fiddy got some great air on the jumps.
15731847107_02e7d44631_c.jpg

Last edited:
That was a blast. Thanks for letting me tag along and for not being too hard on this nOOb. Almost had a fall-free day, right up until the last couple minutes.
Time for the break-in service on the 250 now.
Will join y'all again in a few weeks.

I didn't know the KTM had a computer . That's what made the bike stop running. Thanks for the help and the tow last week.
Bike did great on 3 days of SHNF riding this weekend. Lots of power, hard suspension.

What was wrong with the computer Vinny? It seemed like the bike wasn't getting fuel. Did the blown fuse have anything to do with it?

What was wrong with the computer Vinny? It seemed like the bike wasn't getting fuel. Did the blown fuse have anything to do with it?

No spark. Don't know what caused it. The previous computer had a date of 2010. If it happens every 4 years, I'm cool with it.

had some fun at hidden falls adv park in marble falls on saturday. here's one of the vids. skip to about 7:00 for the fun part :lol2:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRggFN5atFc&list=UU5tb2T8XgcnbnGgcU9nTaJw&hd=1"]Hidden Falls - 1207104 07 - PH - YouTube[/ame]

Nah..all that action was behind the camera...however he does have me doing a superman in CTOR somewhere in his vast library of video

Looks like a fun hill. Good spot to stay and play a little. Go back down and run it on different lines. Bet it's loose and squirrely too. :rider:

Thanks for taking us along.

I've gone down (and back up) that hill in my rock crawler truck - a long wheelbase full size Chevrolet aptly named big orange. And lemme tell you, that is a STEEP hill which is not any less gnarly in a 134" wheelbase truck.

On another note, I'm a new guy to the Austin area but not new to Dual Sporting. Would love to get in on some of these weekend or after work rides in the area... have yet to get my KTM off the pavement and I'm a little bit ashamed to admit that.

I've gone down (and back up) that hill in my rock crawler truck - a long wheelbase full size Chevrolet aptly named big orange. And lemme tell you, that is a STEEP hill which is not any less gnarly in a 134" wheelbase truck.

On another note, I'm a new guy to the Austin area but not new to Dual Sporting. Would love to get in on some of these weekend or after work rides in the area... have yet to get my KTM off the pavement and I'm a little bit ashamed to admit that.

What KTM do you have ? How long have you been riding ? what part of Austin do you live in ?

Just some data to get you to the right group :rider:

Welcome.

What KTM do you have ? How long have you been riding ? what part of Austin do you live in ?

Just some data to get you to the right group :rider:

Welcome.

I have a 2004 450 EXC, all street legal and what not. Have been mountain biking for 15 years, riding friend's dirt bikes my whole life, and have been doing my own dual sport riding for 3-4 years now. All that to say, I'm experienced but not expert, and comfortable with just about any group. I always enjoy good challenges. I also enjoy good company and being out on the bike, so I'm usually happy to do just about anything. I'm in North Central Austin - Braker and Metric kinda area.

Kind of short notice but tomorrow is supposed to be high of 69 with 10% chance of rain. If anyone wants some time riding the east side trails, I'd be up for it of not, I'll just sit around the house all day wasting time.

Any other time I would but I've got a ton of things to do this afternoon that have to be done today. I'm off work til the 3rd so anytime after the 25th would be fine. I plan to do a lot of riding if the weather is nice.

I'm riding Emma Long tomorrow. Not sure if any of you guys might be off (Monday) . Looks like the weather will be nice.

If we don't get any significant rain in the next 48 hours to muddy up the trails, I'm going to be riding Area 51 this Monday. We will hit the two main loops and as many of the side trails as possible. It should be a high of 64 with light winds and may possibly be the last day of decent weather for 2014.

If you want to ride, meet at Exxon, Loyola/183 at 10 am.

Anyone riding tomorrow (Saturday)? Should warm up be noon. I ain't scared of no mud :rider:

Back