• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RoadID Coupon...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Some of my previous posts have made reference to the safety stuff I rode with. One of those was a simple metal 'dog-tag' with relevant information stamped on it. I wore that on a chain around my neck in case I was unable to speak to the First Responders.

Well a few days ago, I ordered a pretty cool product. Actually two of them that I will alternate between one for the wrist and one for the ankle. It's called a Road ID. Much the same information as you can put on a dog-tag, but considerably more room, ie: more information and they have an interactive version available as well. They arrived BEFORE the confirmed ship date in my confirmation e-mail from them. They are pretty cool and you can load them up with information, choose your style and color. Nicely made from what I can see playing with them.

Here's a shot of one grabbed from the 'net. Not mine... but you get the idea:
roadid.jpg

When I ordered, they gave me a coupon that I could pass along to my friends. Since my wife refers to all of you as my 'virtual/internet friends', here's the coupon number:

Coupon Number: ThanksScott8178123

The coupon is good for $1 off any Road ID order placed by 09/11/2011. To order, simply go to RoadID.com or click the link below:

http://www.RoadID.com/?CID=ThanksScott8178123

If you prefer, you can call them at 800-345-6335. All my swimming/biking and running buddies wear them pretty much any time they are out and about as you never know when something might happen and you won't be able to communicate or get in touch with the people that need to know of your situation. I don't get anything for pushing this other than some satisfaction others out there might benefit from this product.

Ride safe....

This is the one I have.

I mention my insurance on the last line of mine. PM me if you're wondering why.

I have them for the wife and I. After her accident where she had a concussion and the hospital just handed her her cell phone and asked if she wanted to call someone. Long story, but we wear them all the time

Friend of mine is Type 1 diabetic, and a huge outdoor guy. Mostly due to his condition he wears his ALL the time. He says it is like a watch, he doesn't notice it at all. He even has me talked into getting one.

RxZ (wonders why he still hasn't ordered it, was only $15 last I looked)

I have the RoadID Interactive. The "Interactive" part is a service where they host your full information. My bracelet contains my name, hometown, and birthdate and "For ID Information call (800 number) or go to www.MyRoadID.com. Serial number and PIN on back." An EMT or ER can call the number or, if they have internet can go to the website, and then use the SN and PIN on the back of my RoadID's ID plate to get all of my contact, insurance, and medical information they'd need. I can update that information and be sure it's always correct.

The interactive service is $10/year (first year free), and considering the activities I'm into mean falling down = medical attention, it's worth it to me.

So in my infinite wisdom and trying soooo hard to make sure all the info was correct about me, when it came time to list my emergency contact telephone number, I listed my cell number. Took the wife to say "hey, why do you have YOUR cell number on there"? :doh: I supposed being so focused on getting my info right I was in that mode of thought.

Two new laser engraved tags with the correction left their facility today so I should have them in a day or so. I like their customer service, that's 'fo-sure.

All the time working out, or ALL the time?

All the time. Her accident happened in Austin on the way to work, while I was home in Bastrop. Several hours passed before I knew anything about it. So we try to wear them whenever we leave.

CHRISTMAS SPECIAL going on.... 10% is 10% any way you look at it if you're interested in purchase of these. I won't train without them and riding it's always on too.

(and no, I don't receive anything for recommending these. just a satisfied customer)

Details HERE

I'm also a satisfied customer. I have a RoadID wrist band and several of their firefly belts. I use the firefly belts to wrap around my backpack for visibility during my morning commute. They're great to have.

i saw that on Facebook. i think it ends tomorrow

now to decide what color :lol2:

Back