• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1998 KTM 250 EXC Project Bike - SOLD

gixxerjasen

Wow
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
SOLD!

So yea, I took it apart, paid to have new bearings put on the crank and have it super trued, and then never put it back together. I bagged and labeled everything and put it in bins and stuff. This would be a nice project for someone who is good with tools and wants to tinker and have a nice bike when it's done. We are looking at moving and I don't want to move and store all this stuff and definitely won't be putting it back together for some time so it's time to part ways. Call it $500 or best offer.

What it used to look like.

muddybike1-S.jpg

Now, more or less...

StorageBins-M.jpg

Located in the Crandall/Forney area.

Last edited:
So, did you wash it before you took it apart? LOL

Questions:

1. Do you have a title?
2. Do you have a service manual?
3. Am I tall enough to start it?
4. Why on earth would I want to buy this?

I am in sir, price is right and it needs love. Do I need to come get it or do you deliver for $500? LOL. Call me.

Last edited:
I usually miss these and don't get a shot, plus I know how much Jasen put into this scooter. Nice to get one from him for a change, usually I go the other way on deals.

This would be a nice project for someone who is good with tools and wants to tinker and have a nice bike when it's done.

You already know this someone and could have just texted Doug directly, yet you still took the time to write this up and post it.

And it definitely put a smile on my face this morning, so thank you.

You already know this someone and could have just texted Doug directly, yet you still took the time to write this up and post it.

And it definitely put a smile on my face this morning, so thank you.

Well, look who showed up. I thought maybe Doug might want it, but didn't think he'd be all in. I remember someone else was looking for this kind of project recently so I thought I'd post it up, but shows what I know.

Let me address these questions one by one.

So, did you wash it before you took it apart? LOL
A little.

1. Do you have a title?
No

2. Do you have a service manual?
No, but I have a digital manual somewhere on how to disassemble the engine. But it's a two stroke so it's dead nuts simple for someone like you.

3. Am I tall enough to start it?
Definitely not, especially in the mud.

4. Why on earth would I want to buy this?
Because you are a glutton for punishment and you like a project and a challenge and you know I'll be first in line to buy it back when you get done.

That Yammie is spoken for if they ever pry it from my cold dead hands. It could be rehomed to South Dakota some day. I made a promise to give him first crack if I ever part with her.

Back