• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro handlebar vibration help

jsb

Reaction score
I'm planning a 4-5 day DS/ADV ride soon. Mostly back roads.
I have these on the bike, but it's still hand numbing within an hour.

I'm considering the following or similar as adding Grip Puppies or Re-Grip will just make an already thick grip too thick. I'm not thrilled with the lack of feel in technical riding though.

I'm wondering about the following anti-vibration bar clamps. Any glowing reviews of being worth the $?

Additional alternatives are adding bar snake, BBs, or somehow bar inserts with KTM brand hand guards.
TIA!

bar end weights off my yamaha tenere 700 killed alot of the high frequency numbing buzz on my
KTM 500 and my 690

Last edited:
Reactions: jsb
Flex bars on my 500 and 701 did the trick for me.

1701091210500.png

I did bar weights inside on my 450. I haven't done any long rides on this bike so I can't say if this "budget" solution worked for all day rides.

1701091352785.png

I use a throttle assist on my 690 which allows me to rest my hand on the throttle when on the road and spin it out of the way when riding off-road. This tool has solved any numbness issues for me. I like the crampbuster version since it is more narrow than some of the other versions, but others may like a wider resting spot.

Attachments

• IMG_0049.jpeg
    IMG_0049.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: jsb
Back