• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HILL COUNTRY 2023 Hill Country 500

Headcount for dinner Saturday.

• Total voters
Reaction score

2023 Hill Country 500, The Tradition Continues

Calling all Adventurers!

Join JT and I in Kerrville for a weekend of good riding and great camaraderie.

In the vein of a Serve Yo'Self Rally, this is a no frills get together. No organized dinners, no Tshirts or other swag.

Of course, we will gather for breakfasts and dinners. We can determine the when and where in the course of discussion here on TWT or while standing around in a parking lot. Groups will form, plans will be made.

JT will make GPS tracks/routes available. Dual sport and all pavement routes. This is an all public roadways event.

When: Memorial Weekend. Fri 26 May thru Sun 28 May 2023

RALLY HEADQUARTERS:

Lone Star Inn

1804 Sidney Baker

Kerrville, Texas 78028

Reservations: 830-896-8200

https://lonestarinnkerrville.com/

*** You Must CALL the hotel in order to get our special room rate of $85 plus tax for a single or a double (same price for either.)
This is the same rate they gave us last year. Check around, other hotels that weekend will be $120 to 150 and up.

*** To get the $85 rate, you must mention "Hill Country 500" when you call.

*** Deadline for hotel reservations is 1April ***

You are not required to stay at the Lone Star. You are required to make your own accommodation arrangements, regardless of where you stay.

Campers: Those who prefer tenting or RVing it have been happy with Kerrville Schreiner Park.

Kerrville-Schreiner-Park

2385 Bandera Highway​

Kerrville, Texas 78028​

(830) 257-7300​

kerrpark@kerrvilletx.gov

EVERYONE is welcome to attend. Whether a weathered, grizzled adventurer or a wet-behind-the-ears noob. Whether you know anyone else or not, YOU are welcome and you will make new friends.

Well? What say you?

Last edited:
Pix from HC500 2021 to whet your appetite

1674624195744.png

1674624560733.png

To see more pix and read about the previous HC500, follow this linky

Rob, not even a holiday weekend?
As you probably know, I'm retired. But I've gone back to my old job as a part time detailer(flunky). That being said holidays is when I'm needed more not less, so yes I'm working holidays. I only work Friday, Saturday, and Sundays anyway(every one of them). I need the little work but I'll see how long I can tolerate losing every weekend. Once you start doing it, it's worse than it sounds, lol. Sorry for the long and TMI answer. I'm also back to hauling crawfish on my other "days off". But that's temporary but wasn't planning on doing it. Hate to tell someone no.

As you probably know, I'm retired. But I've gone back to my old job as a part time detailer(flunky). That being said holidays is when I'm needed more not less, so yes I'm working holidays. I only work Friday, Saturday, and Sundays anyway(every one of them). I need the little work but I'll see how long I can tolerate losing every weekend. Once you start doing it, it's worse than it sounds, lol. Sorry for the long and TMI answer. I'm also back to hauling crawfish on my other "days off". But that's temporary but wasn't planning on doing it. Hate to tell someone no.
Completely understand

It suks having to work every weekend, looks like so much fun.
What happened to retirement? Nevermind, read your other post.

I assume this is meant to read Friday, May 26th - Sunday, May 28th? ...or maybe I am looking at the wrong year. ;) I just scheduled the time off at work to get out there mid day Thursday the 25th. Room reserved at Lone Star.

Last edited:
Thanks Gina and JT for organizing.
Holiday Weekend may be difficult for me to get permission to be away….but it never hurts to ask!

What happened to retirement? Nevermind, read your other post.

I assume this is meant to read Friday, May 26th - Sunday, May 28th? ...or maybe I am looking at the wrong year. ;) I just scheduled the time off at work to get out there mid day Thursday the 25th. Room reserved at Lone Star.

Brad, thanks for spotting the wrong date 🤦‍♀️. Corrected now.

Super cool that you are coming

Is this for riding full days Friday, Saturday n sunday...then we have Monday to get back home?
Zeke, if you want it to be, yes! JT can give you enuf ideas, tracks to keep ya busy

Last time (2021) several folks showed up on Thursday.

Hope you can make it. Bring the fam!

How many miles per day do y’all ride? Would a DRZ400S keep up and have the fuel range? I can only make about 75 miles before reserve but could strap another tank on the rear I suppose. Do you camp out or use hotels?

Is there a link to all the details so I don’t have to ask 100 dumb questions? 😬

I'm watching this thread. The month of May is pretty booked up for me but I'm supposed to be free the weekend this is happening. I won't know if I can attend until closer to the event.

I'm watching this thread. The month of May is pretty booked up for me but I'm supposed to be free the weekend this is happening. I won't know if I can attend until closer to the event.

Didn't you cry about this in 2021 too? Showed up at the last minute? But better late than never! Hope you can make it.

I've never been to one of these so it wasn't me.

I spend about 3/4 of May dragging a trailer all over the country for the wifes business but this year the HC 500 conveniently lines up in what should be a gap in the busyness.

How many miles per day do y’all ride? Would a DRZ400S keep up and have the fuel range? I can only make about 75 miles before reserve but could strap another tank on the rear I suppose. Do you camp out or use hotels?

Is there a link to all the details so I don’t have to ask 100 dumb questions? 😬

Cardude,

Go ahead and ask as many questions, dumb or otherwise as you like. Information in the first post answers your accommodation question.

miles: we offer gps tracks/routes of varying lengths, or you can customize. (Originally this event was a "challenge" to see if you could ride 250 miles (paved and unpaved) for 2 days in a row. If you want to challenge yourself in this way, you might be able to find others to do it with you.

There will be groups covering massive miles each day. There will be "flower sniffing and picture taking" groups. My advice, show up, talk to people, say what you are interested in doing and you will find a group that fits you.

Hope you can make it!

bike: select a group with compatible bikes AND carry extra fuel.

accommodation info from the 1st post:

RALLY HEADQUARTERS:

Lone Star Inn

1804 Sidney Baker

Kerrville, Texas 78028

Reservations: 830-896-8200

https://lonestarinnkerrville.com/

*** You Must CALL the hotel in order to get our special room rate of $85 plus tax for a single or a double (same price for either.)
This is the same rate they gave us last year. Check around, other hotels that weekend will be $120 to 150 and up.

*** To get the $85 rate, you must mention "Hill Country 500" when you call.

*** Deadline for hotel reservations is 1April ***

You are not required to stay at the Lone Star. You are required to make your own accommodation arrangements, regardless of where you stay.

Campers: Those who prefer tenting or RVing it have been happy with Kerrville Schreiner Park.

Kerrville-Schreiner-Park

2385 Bandera Highway​

Kerrville, Texas 78028​

(830) 257-7300​

kerrpark@kerrvilletx.gov

I've never been to one of these so it wasn't me.

I spend about 3/4 of May dragging a trailer all over the country for the wifes business but this year the HC 500 conveniently lines up in what should be a gap in the busyness.

My bad. :doh: Now i'm not sure who i am thinking of.

Hope it works out that you can make it!

Back