• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2023 KTM 300 XC-W

Carb vs injected, lol

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1659117155008.jpg
    FB_IMG_1659117155008.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 104
Cycra Ultra ProBend HCM hand guards installed. It's crazy, but these things stay out of stock more often than they are available. I backordered them when I purchased the bike and they just now came in. I am happy to have more protection for my hands and levers.

G19q0Am.jpg

bhBOIc8.jpg

dvu9eiP.jpg

d1fO2Wq.jpg

w0Tn54u.jpg

Yes sir it is too tight. Especially for a pds bike. Countershaft issue soon if you run it like that

When the countershaft the swingarm pivot bolt and the rear axle line up the chain will be at it’s tightest. I hope that makes sense

If you have slack in the chain when everything is lined up your good. Maybe just the way it looks in the pic

Also just a bit of XCW knowledge I learned the hard way. Look into removing the fuel vent from the steering tube. All XCWs that I have seen have a hole in the steering tube because some euro versions have a steering lock. If you have a cast triple clamp then chances are your steering tube has a hole in it near the bottom clamp. Fuel will wash the lower bearing clean, all the grease and gas residue will be on the front fender. There is a little plastic insert that will pop into one of the small holes in the frame near the steering stem. It comes on the KTM Sx models but I can get the part number if you have a problem finding it

Also just a bit of XCW knowledge I learned the hard way. Look into removing the fuel vent from the steering tube. All XCWs that I have seen have a hole in the steering tube because some euro versions have a steering lock. If you have a cast triple clamp then chances are your steering tube has a hole in it near the bottom clamp. Fuel will wash the lower bearing clean, all the grease and gas residue will be on the front fender. There is a little plastic insert that will pop into one of the small holes in the frame near the steering stem. It comes on the KTM Sx models but I can get the part number if you have a problem finding it
So you're saying to run the fuel vent tube to the steering stem at the frame and remove the plug thats in there in order to run the vent tube into the frame alternatively?

Excuse the heck out of the dirty bike, but I wouldn’t run my chain any tighter than this. This is up on the stand with the rear wheel off the ground.

Attachments

• 4F381874-D026-48DF-8299-C36355529F16.jpeg
    4F381874-D026-48DF-8299-C36355529F16.jpeg
    414.5 KB · Views: 95
LOL, I am going to adjust it to appease the masses here.
I wouldn’t worry about appeasing us, we all just don’t want you to run into problems that would be preventable. Trust me, I would much rather read posts about you ripping up the trails than working on the motor. 👍

I remember my 200 being like that. Odd that they don't prep them with the nipple like that here in the states.

I know, it’s a whopping 86 cents and comes on almost every other KTM. plus you need to either replace the nut with a solid one 10 bucks at Rocky Mountain in orange or black anodized, or just put a dab of yamabond in the hollow nut to keep the water out.

Back