• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HILL COUNTRY 2024 Hill Country 500

Vote your preference

• Best Western $99 (single or double) +tax, hot buffet breakfast

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • America’s Best Value $69.99 (single or double ) breakfast: waffles, coffee

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Econolodge $50 single $54 double. Coffee, cold breakfast items

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • None of the above. I’ll make my own arrangements. (Camping or a different hotel)

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Those of you that are on the fence about participating, this is an absolute hoot of a ride. Gina and JT, the "unofficial" guides will have some great routes pre-planned for the groups. Personally, I would be taking my converted cargo camper to one of the RV parks or State Park, BUT I have to have cataract surgery a little before the event; not sure of when I will be comfortable piloting the T 700 with new vision. Perhaps I can make it. :eek2:

Last year, I went a day or two early and got the Sisters done, saw the cycle museum at Vanderpool, and thoroughly enjoyed some of the best riding in Texas. Even if I can't make this year's Hill Country 500, BIG thank you to Gina and JT for doing this again!
I was good to go the next day after my surgery fyi.

So this is a new one on me, do you start on the morning of the 25th & run through the 27th, leaving on the 28th, or run the 25th & 26th and leave on the 27th? I have a small truck camper & will stay at the RV park if all goes according to plan, so I'd need to arrive Friday night.

Good to know, Red. I have had others tell me that the surgery process and result are great. Still, a blade is going to slice my eye, so Yikes! Lol
I had both done, and had 20-15 vision the next day, I was always near sighted & could see like an eagle, just couldn't read without readers as I wasn't a candidate for the multi focal lenses.

Just made reservation at BW. Years ago I went on an organized ride out of Junction. It was awesome. COVID screwed eveything up for years. It is unfortunate that there are not more organized rides. Much thanks for putting this on. I am ready to roll.

Most folk will arrive Friday and leave Monday. Some may stay til Tuesday.

Hope you can arrive on Friday with enough time to meet some folks and suss out a good group for you.
I'll probably get there Friday afternoon, it's a 5 hour drive for me and just plan on leaving Monday. I got my spot booked for Friday through Sunday at the RV park.

The RV park said I was the first of the group to book, anybody else camping out there? Looking forward to meeting some people to ride with.

I'm mostly street, not a lot of dirt experience, but do love sweepers.

Me and two other riders will be camping at the RV park as well. Got 2 tent sides reserved. I will be coming in on Tuesday! Last year was super fun!

Thanks for all the great work, Gina and JT

Back