• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: 2024 Texas Tiddlers Endurance Run - May 25th

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
The 2024 Texas Tiddlers Endurance Run is scheduled for Saturday, May 25th, 2024 (Memorial Day weekend).

The Run will be on State and County/Parish ... public roads. Rally central and the start/finish will be again be Boles Field Campground in the Sabine National Forest in East Texas located on FM2694 at google map coordinates 31.77246, -93.96832 Boles Field on Google Maps which is 6.9 miles East of Shelbyville and 3.6 miles West of FM139. More Info re: Boles Field

Everyone is invited to come down on Friday the 24th and camp with us. Johnny Hassely and friends will be picking and grinning Friday night and everyone is invited to join in!

Camping is available at Boles Field https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/233200. The nearest motels are 8 miles East at Huxley Bay Marina or 15 miles West at Center. WARNING: Cell phone service can be limited at Boles Field.

The 2024 Tiddler will be a little different than prior years, as this ride will be ... all ... paved roads venturing into Louisiana (with a helmet law) to visit several historical sites ... such as ... the Moses Rose gravesite, the International Boundary Marker north of Logansport, the Misson Delores and the El Camino Real. The route will be ... ±200 ... miles so we won't host a mid day meal at the campground, as you'll be out riding -- there are cafes and fast food places along with gas stops on the route.

For a little insight re: the general structure of the Tiddler, please see info/pics from the 2022 Tiddler on TWT with pics on the 1st and 4th pages, and also pics from the 2023 Tiddler on TWT.

The Registration/Flyer for the 2024 Tiddler is posted below and attached as a .pdf for easy printing. Remember, Dennis (the organizer) is an old school East Texas fellow, so there are no on-line registration/payment options -- it's a print and mail in. Also, Dennis will likely hold all the registrations until ±May 1st before "cashing" the checks.

20240403_133735.jpg

Attachments

• 2024 Tiddler Endurance Run Registration.pdf
    80 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
The 2024 Texas Tiddlers Endurance Run is scheduled for Saturday, May 25th, 2024 (Memorial Day weekend).

The Run will be on State, County/Parish and National Forest Service public roads. Rally central and the start/finish will be again be Boles Field Campground in the Sabine National Forest in East Texas located on FM2694 at google map coordinates 31.77246, -93.96832 Boles Field on Google Maps which is 6.9 miles East of Shelbyville and 3.6 miles West of FM139. More Info re: Boles Field

Everyone is invited to come down on Friday the 24th and camp with us. Johnny Hassely and friends will be picking and grinning Friday night and everyone is invited to join in!

Camping is available at Boles Field https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/233200. The nearest motels are 8 miles East at Huxley Bay Marina or 15 miles West at Center. WARNING: Cell phone service can be limited at Boles Field.

The 2024 Tiddler will be a little different than prior years, as this ride will be mainly on paved roads venturing into Louisiana (with a helmet law) to visit several historical sites including the Moses Rose gravesite, the International Boundary Marker north of Logansport and the El Camino Real. The route will be at least 150 miles so we won't host a mid day meal at the campground, as you'll be out riding -- there are cafes and fast food places along with gas stops on the route.

For a little insight re: the general structure of the Tiddler, please see info/pics from the 2022 Tiddler on TWT with pics on the 1st and 4th pages, and also pics from the 2023 Tiddler on TWT.

We'll post the Registration/Flyer for the 2024 Tiddler once available from Dennis.
Awesome! Sure appreciate you keeping us posted on these great rides/events, Lee. Anna and I have been looking forward to this ever since the last one; this will be our third!

I'm allegedly in, (tiddler in hand) but to lazy to read thru post for the location of the hotel that may or may not have been changed... Can you all help a brother out???
First tiddler newbe...
Sorry, man, you just gotta be in the know, you know? LOL, just kidding. It's the Sleep Inn & Suites, in Center, TX. It's a simple 15 minute ride over to the Boles Field campground from there.

Sorry, man, you just gotta be in the know, you know? LOL, just kidding. It's the Sleep Inn & Suites, in Center, TX. It's a simple 15 minute ride over to the Boles Field campground from there.

Cool 😎, now I know some if the things I should have known butttttt was some of the thing's that I didn't know previously... At this time I'm surely at 50% blissfully unaware of most of the things I don't know, you know??? But 50% isn't bad now knowing things that weren't known before...
After the phone call I'm now at 51% knowing more than I knew before or not...

🫡

Cool 😎, now I know some if the things I should have known butttttt was some of the thing's that I didn't know previously... At this time I'm surely at 50% blissfully unaware of most of the things I don't know, you know??? But 50% isn't bad now knowing things that weren't known before...
After the phone call I'm now at 51% knowing more than I knew before or not...

🫡
LOL, that's good; most people feel dumber after talking with me!

Looks like fun. I have a ‘24 ADV160 that would be great for this, but I am pretty sure I will have other obligations to spend Memorial Day weekend with the Mrs.

Looks like fun. I have a ‘24 ADV160 that would be great for this, but I am pretty sure I will have other obligations to spend Memorial Day weekend with the Mrs.
Bring her along!

FYI - no reservable campsites left. Several first come sites but quite a risk to take if driving from afar - especially considering Memorial Weekend.

FYI - no reservable campsites left. Several first come sites but quite a risk to take if driving from afar - especially considering Memorial Weekend.
Boles Field is not a destination campground. (If'n I was just camping for the weekend, I'd prefer waterfront campgrounds in the area, such as Ragtown or Red Hill Lake.) I've never seen more than one campsite occupied by someone other than us Tiddlers. There's also plenty of overflow space to pitch a tent.

Thanks.
Obviously I am unfamiliar with the campground!
I have a small trailer I would bring if I can attend. No problem for me to get a spot with a Friday arrival?

Back