• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A-B-C Towns (in order) Pic Game

If the weather is good this weekend, I will take a picture in front of the welcome to Climax TX sign:-P

FirstMan said:
Yeah, Bells is in Texas. Very near Sherman and Bonham.

I think that was a different Bells, because the one near Sherman has the population on it.

Tourmeister said:
Another spin on this would be to have folks take pics of their bikes in front of the FM signs in order. I know where number One is ;-)

I did an AMA Grand Tour one time (Got a Pin!) that did the numbered highway thing. It was called the

AW SHIDT Tour. :rofl:

America Wanderings, Sequential Highway ID Tour.

Got a Flag in the mail, & had to include the Flag, Rider, Bike, and Highway sign in a photo. Then combine all into a Scrap Book & mail to the Organizers.

Minimum # of highways got you a pin. Then a Plaque. Other prizes for higher # of correct photos. Top prizes were helmets & jackets and the like. You got bonus points for using U.S. Highways instead of local FM or County roads.

655243-022_21a.jpg

Was kinda fun. Sure did get you out on the road and riding :rider:

Yeeha! Stephen said:
Sure did get you out on the road and riding :rider:
Couple years back on a national board, somebody suggested an alphabet county challenge. The yankees figured they'd clean up with their little, close together counties. I called "game on", and pointed out the only two counties in the USA that begin with "Z" are Zavala and Zapata, w-a-y down in the Texas valley country.

Turns out they didn't want to do the challenge after all!

Scoot safe,
Tom

haha, that'll show those yankees!!

I'm heading out on a trip Thursday morning so i'll stop if I see a sign that qualifies for this little game.

there's quite a few little towns on the route so it should be pretty good.

Tourmeister, Houston and Huntsville DON'T count as your "H" towns!!!! :mrgreen:

I took a 62 mile ride for lunch break yesterday. I went through several communities that used to have signs like in the first post, not anymore. This is going to be tough. Will you allow a sign with population data, as long as it's under 1000?

For all you folks that may or may not be playing, here is the "Official List" of all the towns in Texas. Having a official sign is good but if there is a business located with the locations name that much better, how about a points system, smaller is the higher the points. The major cities well only be worth 1 or less:lol2:
No population number = 10,
with a population number under 1000 = 9,
1001 to 2000 = 8,
2001 to 3000 = 7,
3001 to 4000 =6,
4001 to 9999 = 5,
10,000 to 20,000 = 4,
20,001 to 75,000= 3,
75,000 to 99,999 = 2,
100,000 + = 1

so going to Zigzag would prove to be problamatic where going to ZUNKERVILLE you may get a picture of the cotton gin with the name on it.
Ghost towns should be worth 11 if you can prove your presence there:trust: This would include a picture of the cemetary also worth bonus points as any other structures of interest. I have found there are historical markers at some of these locations so is that a ghost town or do we give them a name so we know they are lost to time? Should they be worth 11 or 12? If you get to it by:
dirt road add bonus points, what say 5 points
cemetary or historical marker 5
abandon buildings with the towns name on it 10

so you get to Zunkerville and you notice you can make M, N, O, P, in that area.
What to call this game?
Name it after the song by Cash "I've Been Everywhere"? and the remake by The Geezinslaw Brothers. My Way!

How about a sign with an arrow directing one towards the community? Another idea, how about a historical marker that describes a community that has faded with time?

Tourmeister said:
Lemme know when H is due up :-P

That will be right after the "G", that is if any one ever posts a "C" town to get this going again. Who was going to Climax this week?

Hemibee said:
That will be right after the "G", that is if any one ever posts a "C" town to get this going again.

Based on Mr Weather guy here is Austin the whole state is wet. I think a sunny weekend will move this project right along.:rider:

Beat's me what we are going to do when we get to "X" because I don't see any "X" town in Texas. I see a bunch of "XXX" signs around, but I don't think that counts.

Gilk51 said:
Hey, was that "Bells" in Texas, or does it matter? Seems to meet the criteria as far as I'm concerned... :mrgreen:

No need to file a protest or call out the lawyers yet... :roll:

The sign to the right reads "Public Water Supply APPROVAL FLUORIDATED Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation"

So I don't think it was taken in Texas.

Last edited:
You know what... your right!! We've been tricked!!! :doh:

As official starter of this contest I say we are back to "B".

BeemerDude said:
The sign to the right reads "Public Water Supply APPROVAL FUORIDATED Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation"

ya know, you REALLY need to watch those Austin folks VEEEERY closely... ;-)

Voltar said:
You know what... your right!! We've been tricked!!! :doh:

As official starter of this contest I say we are back to "B".

What? Back to "B" :eek2: I just went out and got "C" :doh:

I needed to add some more break-in mileage to the KLR and someone said that it was raining all over Texas. :shrug: So I thought I would take one for the team :trust: and ride out 50 miles for "C" and back. But for those who know me, I did a little extra :lol2: I have to much fun :rider:

Well atleast it gives me time to figure out how to post the pics.:scratch:

Ok, Here is another try at posting pics for "C".
CrossHM.jpg
CrossBBQ2.jpg

67828[/ATTACH]"]
Cross.jpg

If this worked....how many points????

Attachments

• Cross.jpg
    Cross.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 184
BeemerDude said:
The sign to the right reads "Public Water Supply APPROVAL FLUORIDATED Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation"

Oops. :doh: I didn't even look that close. I'll run down to Buda this afternoon. :rider:

Re: A-B-C Towns Two TEXAS "B" communities

Took a quick, cool ride through the Piney Woods to the Beulah community, took pictures of historical markers and the fire station. Also, went through the Burke community, and got picture of it's city limit sign, in case we have sticklers that demand an official city limit sign for the official Texas "B" . I am setting up a picture hosting site and will have them up shortly.

Re: A-B-C Towns Pictures for Beulah, Angelina Cty, TX and Burke, Angelina Cty,

BeulahFireStation.jpg

BeulahSchool.jpg

BeulahChurch.jpg

BurkeTX.jpg

Last edited:
Re: A-B-C Towns Diboll, Angelina Cty, TX

Diboll, rhymes with eyeball.

DibollTX.jpg

Re: A-B-C Towns Diboll, Angelina Cty, TX

DANNYROTH said:
Diboll, rhymes with eyeball.

:giveup: :hack: :shame: 5-yard Penalty for going out of order! :deal: We're still wating on a "C" town.

(Oops. Wait a minute. OK, "C" is done. I don't know what I was thinking. Go back about your business. Nothing to see here. Keep moving...)

Back